Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

F U FF - changing O date!

So I have only been charting for about 4 months, to tta, before ttc later this year or maybe longer. We were using back up methods nearly my entire cycle to be safe...up until this month.  

ff said I o'd on cd 14 which was the 18th of January...I had a definite thermal shift, I got solid crosshairs and had ewcm so I agreed with ff that I o'd on that day. DH and I waited until cd 18 to stop using comdoms, thinking it would be safe.

So this morning I log onto ff, add in my temp and......IT CHANGED MY O DATE TO CD 20 Indifferent We did NOT use a condom on cd 18 & 19, because it showed I O'd on cd 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously? WTF? I'm so confused. It also made the cross hairs a dotted line, not solid. I think because my cm doesnt match up with my new O date.

I am sorry I cant add a link to my chart right now, I am in the office today and ff is a blocked site hear (but not the nest, weird but whatever) I will post later this evening and try to add it in.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? We would be happy with a pregnancy, just a little earlier than we would have liked...or alot earlier than we feel financially ready for!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: F U FF - changing O date!

• i have had some issues with my O day too.  But FF has a warning about using it TTA.  DH and I use condoms until I am absolutely sure that am past ovulation.  Probably too careful sometimes, but we don't want to be pregnant just yet.  Post your chart when you get a chance.  When are you supposed to start AF?

here's what FF says:

Can charting help me avoid pregnancy?

Fertility charting is certainly a reliable and empowering means of family planning. FertilityFriend.com is totally tuned and geared to help you get pregnant and would put you at great risk if you used any of its interpretations to avoid pregnancy. The principles of chart interpretation for pregnancy avoidance and pregnancy achievement are significantly different and unfortunately not just the reverse of each other. Using any of FertilityFriend.com's chart interpretations in reverse will not work and will put you at risk to get pregnant. Avoiding pregnancy using fertility charting is a different approach altogether.If you plan to use fertility charting (or Fertility Awareness) to avoid pregnancy we recommend that you get in touch with a Natural Family Planing or Fertility Awareness counselor and get a specific training for that purpose.

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/2w4z0pw.jpg[/IMG]
  • imagesixlette:

i have had some issues with my O day too.  But FF has a warning about using it TTA.  DH and I use condoms until I am absolutely sure that am past ovulation.  Probably too careful sometimes, but we don't want to be pregnant just yet.  Post your chart when you get a chance.  When are you supposed to start AF?

here's what FF says:

Can charting help me avoid pregnancy?

Fertility charting is certainly a reliable and empowering means of family planning. FertilityFriend.com is totally tuned and geared to help you get pregnant and would put you at great risk if you used any of its interpretations to avoid pregnancy. The principles of chart interpretation for pregnancy avoidance and pregnancy achievement are significantly different and unfortunately not just the reverse of each other. Using any of FertilityFriend.com's chart interpretations in reverse will not work and will put you at risk to get pregnant. Avoiding pregnancy using fertility charting is a different approach altogether.If you plan to use fertility charting (or Fertility Awareness) to avoid pregnancy we recommend that you get in touch with a Natural Family Planing or Fertility Awareness counselor and get a specific training for that purpose.

I am expecting af on feb 4, so cd 31

Well I read TCOYF and thought I had a pretty good grasp on the tta, I use ff to chart as I find it easier than using the paper charts from tcoyf. And we did use condoms until I was absolutley sure I had ovulated!  I wish I could post my chart... I will later.

Thank you for the info, I know this month we were not being as careful...I just really thought I had all ready o'd...

• If you are TTA condoms for about a week should do it. Any time your mucus is fertile don't have sex. If you are trying to avoid, just use condoms from the time FF says you O or when you are fertile for 7 days after just to be sure.

Click home page set up on FF page where your chart is. It will give you a URL. Link the URL so we can take a gander at your chart.
  • Do you still have fertile CM? ?Was your O date consistent with your past dates? ?How about patterns? ?There are so many factors that can affect your temp, that I would probably focus more on your CM AND temp combined. ?I think if you had fertile CM & a temp shift, you probably ovulated on your original date. ?But like pp said, it's hard to tell without seeing your chart.
    TTC since 5/08
    12/08 DX - irregular cycles - unexplained IF
    2/09 - 4/09 - Clomid, TI
    5/09 - 12/09 - 4 IUI
    3/10 - 7/10 - 2 IVF
    11/10 - Frozen Transfer
    3/11 - Dx Insulin Resistant & Hypoglycemic - treating w/ Metformin & diet
  • Send us a link to your chart - you can do it by creating a homepage (above the chart says homepage starter or something) or you can create a homepage and then create a ticker (also above your chart) and stick it in your siggy. You can click on my ticker as an example.

Also, is your preferences on the FAM method? When I started I noticed I was on some Advanced method and it was giving me something other than what I would have on FAM.

• Oh, just saw you were at work. So link up when you get home.

But to answer your other question, FF does that to me, if my temps post O doesnt stay consistenly above the CH.

• Thank you ladies, I really appreciate the help