Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Healthy Habits Check In!

Happy Friday, Healthy Habits ladies!  I hope everyone had a great week.  

I wanted to tell everyone about a cool opportunity to promote weight loss or healthy living while supporting a great cause.  Earlier this year, a beautiful 11-year-old girl passed away from neuroblastoma, a terrible form of cancer.  Her name was Gloria and her story touched people all over the world (the Seattle Times did a series of articles on her ? if you want to read them, look here http://tinyurl.com/4zvs4f).  

After her passing, her family started a foundation to help other families who have a child with a life-threatening condition, and they are trying to raise money.  They are having a challenge called the ?Restore the Glow Challenge?.  Basically, you set a goal and find people to sponsor you.  On August 15th, the contest ends, your sponsors pay up, and the money goes to the family?s foundation.  For more details or to sign up, go here http://tinyurl.com/3vzn6j

I?m definitely signing up ? I think it will keep me motivated and I?d love to support this cause!  Anyone else?

Husky ? down 24.5 total
MrsLynch ? down 23.5 total
Baby_Austin ? down .5 total
IdahoGirl ? down 3.8 total
MrsKiltlifter ? down 80 total
MsDUBBS ? down 26.6 total
IHeartHimMore ? down 7 total
PurposelyVague ? down 1.2 total
Lucky7?s ? down 1 last week
Kaskade ? down 6.5 total
FutureFung ? down 5 total
KRoseToes ? down 3 total
Rachlove ? down 3.5
MissBlush ? down 39
t23 ? down 9.8 total
VallartaTiffany ? down 1 total
MissLauraQ ? at 138.8
Pixelvixen -
BallroomBride
Massagegirly
DavesGirl
MrsZelmer
Alisha
Mrs.Chesney ? down 10 total
Nancy_Drew ? down 2 total
BallroomBride
Kglan
mwhite5283

How did this week go?  

If you weighed in, are you up or down?  

Total weight loss to date?

Any workouts this week?

Plan for next week?

Anything else going on?

Bonus question: How far are you from your ultimate goal, whatever that goal may be?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whcmAHB/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/whcmAHB/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wbIWgwz/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wbIWgwz/exercise.png[/img]
[/url]

Re: Healthy Habits Check In!

• How did this week go?    Not so good for exercise, but I've started drinking a ton of water so I think that will help.

If you weighed in, are you up or down?    I am currently at 123.00 - this is up half a pound from two weeks ago, but down 1.5lbs from last week (my big water push started Wed last week, so I think my body was trying to adjust!)

Total weight loss to date?   nothing yet

Any workouts this week?  Nope

Plan for next week?  I think its time to pull out my running shoes again, and try to make it to the gym

Anything else going on?  Spring quarter ends in 1.5 weeks!  of course, then summer quarter starts.  ugh.

Bonus question: How far are you from your ultimate goal, whatever that goal may be?   8lbs and a lot of muscle.

• How did this week go?  I'm WAY mad - I mean I could say I know I messed up but I was feeling GREAT and thought for sure I'd lost weight!  NOPE!

If you weighed in, are you up or down?  UP!!

Total weight loss to date?  I'm at 140

Any workouts this week? to the gym twice

Plan for next week?  More gym - less food

Anything else going on? I'm thinking I should juice veggies - because I bet I'm drinking a ton of sugar with fruits

Bonus question: How far are you from your ultimate goal, whatever that goal may be?  I'm 15 pounds from my ultimate goal, I'm 22 pounds from the weight before Alex, which is my extreme goal, but I won't push for that one
    Easter 2011

Largest selection of Halloween Costumes
  • aaah fu, what a great idea. I think I will do this too!!

1. It went ok, I've been working 12 hours days so no exercise, but i've been too busy to eat too much or bad stuff. Kind of nice.

2. boo, no. well unless you count the hour I played on wii fit...

3. To figure out how I am gonna fit a workout in. I'm so freakin' out of shape.

4. Not much going on, we have a busy weekend planned and i'm going to try to be good.

5. I'm so far from my goal.......boo Crying

• How did this week go? 

It actually went GREAT, despite being waaay too busy to work out.  I watched my friends kids over M. Day weekend and the house was filled to the brim with crappy food.  I didn't eat ANY of it - I brought all my own food and didn't even have a bite of anything else (because I knew that would send me over the edge).  I'm SO proud of myself, and as a result, I didn't start the week with a weight gain over the weekend, like I usually do!

If you weighed in, are you up or down?  

Weighed in, down 1.6

Total weight loss to date?

Since starting this in April, down 6.6

Any workouts this week?
    Nope.

Plan for next week?

Work out at least 2-3 times, stick to the points!

Anything else going on?
    My school's annual auction is this weekend - it's a huge event with over 600 people attending!  I love seeing people donate their time and money for my school and my kids, it makes me feel so good.  So that should be fun!

Bonus question: How far are you from your ultimate goal, whatever that goal may be?

Well, I'd like to be within 5 pounds of what it says on my driver's license.  So that's 15 pounds for me.  We'll see if that's possible.  I'd like to do at least 10. 

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whcmAHB/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/whcmAHB/weight.png[/img]
    [/url]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wbIWgwz/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wbIWgwz/exercise.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • How did this week go?  pretty good actually

If you weighed in, are you up or down?  down! 2.3 lbs

Total weight loss to date? 3.5 lbs

Any workouts this week? yes, but not enough

Plan for next week? more working out, i keep saying this, but i need to do at least 30 mins three days a week on my elliptical. it makes a huge difference with my sciatica, so i really need to work out to be able to function at work properly.

Anything else going on? i cut out drinky fizzy drinks and water add ins (like crystal light.) this has made a HUGE difference as i was really retaining a lot of water and feeling bloated a lot. i'm just drinking water during the day now and i'm going to stick to that.

Bonus question: How far are you from your ultimate goal, whatever that goal may be? 7 lbs. away
    image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne
  • I will have to consider Gloria's challenge.  It might be too much for me during the bar.  But I do love the Strauss family!  Hmmmm Lancer pride or the concentrate solely on the bar.  Hard decisions.

How did this week go?  I am back on track this week and have done excellent since Tuesday.  I put myself back on the Flex plan during the bar so that I didn't fret when I wanted a candy bar.

If you weighed in, are you up or down? I made a pact not to weigh in for 2 weeks.  I know I am way up because my jeans are TIGHT!

Total weight loss to date?I am still in the 80 range.

Any workouts this week?I have worked out everyday this week. Yesterday was light, just weights.  So today I will do some cardio.

Plan for next week?I am so structured that I could tell you to the minute!  But overall goal is to stay structured, eat when I have scheduled, and follow the points to the T.  Doing well so far.

Anything else going on?I think the Bar is enough!

Bonus question: How far are you from your ultimate goal, whatever that goal may be? I am about 15 lbs from my goal but I might go an additional 10.  Not sure yet.  It will matter what I look like when I get there.  Those last few lbs are killers!

DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
  • How did this week go?   Pretty good until I had taco bell yesterday Embarrassed

If you weighed in, are you up or down?    Same!

Total weight loss to date?  still 23.5

Any workouts this week?  Ive done a few on the Wii Fit but thats it.

Plan for next week?  I will probably do about the same!  I more want to maintain than lose I've decided.

Anything else going on?  Nopers

Bonus question: How far are you from your ultimate goal, whatever that goal may be?   Well of course I would love to be a sz 2, but I doubt that will ever happen.  So I am fine with my weight as long as I stay in the 120's.  =)

• How did this week go?  My birthday was Tuesday, so I have been eating yummy carrot cake for breakfast and loads of other fatty foods since everyone wants to take me to either lunch or Specialties for cookies all week.  Not so good for trying to get back into healthy.

If you weighed in, are you up or down?  Nope.

Total weight loss to date? Just 3lbs total, but probably gained that back by now.

Any workouts this week?  I haven't made it back to the gym yet...

Plan for next week?  Actually make it back to the gym, at least 2 times next week and then I'll work on adding more.

Anything else going on?  Sick last week, co-worker leaving on maternity very soon and trying to get PG, so lots of stress...with that comes stress eating so I'm trying to fight it.

Bonus question: How far are you from your ultimate goal, whatever that goal may be?  I am still 29 lbs from my ultimate goal.

My siggy never works right! Our bug is almost 3 now! image
  • How did this week go?  Awesome!  I worked 4x since Monday! and I have personal training tomorrow so everyday except Wednesday.  I tried out the Xgym today and holy shiz they kicked my ass big time, we had to hang out for awhile cuz my coworker almost ralphed...lol.  I'm for sure signing up!

If you weighed in, are you up or down? Down 1 :)

Total weight loss to date? 26

Any workouts this week? Monday: 1 hr on the elliptical at 15 resistance (effing died) Tuesday&Thursday: circuit w/trainer Wednesday: Wii Fit for over an hour (sort of counts) Friday: Xygm (crazy ass workout w/new trainer Tomorrow: usual workout w/trainer

Plan for next week?  Sign up for xgym and start tracking my protein intake

Anything else going on?  Not really, just been trying to book my next trip to hawaii :)

Bonus question: How far are you from your ultimate goal, whatever that goal may be?  Not real sure.  I just set a non weight goal, lose 10% body fat...I think I'll hit that no problem with the new xgym regimen!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • How did this week go?  Not great. I ate terribly this week and only worked out once.

If you weighed in, are you up or down?  I'm actually the same as last time, which is a miracle considering my eating patterns the last two weeks. I was fully expecting a gain.

Total weight loss to date? 3 pounds

Any workouts this week? Ran 3 miles on Wed. I wanted to run today but my shins hurt. Hopefully I'll be okay for a Sunday morning run.

Plan for next week? Eating right again and adding in weights again.

Anything else going on? Nada.

Bonus question: How far are you from your ultimate goal, whatever that goal may be? I'm about 15-20 pounds from my ultimate goal. So I need to step it up!

Photobucket
    ~ Married: December 2005 ~ Started TTC: December 2008 ~ Diagnosis: severe MFI, late ovulation, short LP ~ IVF/ICIS in June 2012 (long lupron protocol). Stims: 6/17/12, ER: 6/30/12 (6R, 5M, 4F), ET: 7/5/12 (1 4AA embryo transferred, 0 made it to freeze)
    Beta#1: 7/14/12 - 55, Beta#2: 7/16/12 - 100, Beta#3: 7/18/12 - 199
    Limbo for weeks, finally confirmed pregnancy not viable: 8/13/12 ~ D&C: 8/17/12
    My Blog
  • How did this week go?  I'm glad I waited until this afternoon to weigh in, now I feel better.  So/so week, better than last - I had a little more self-control this time around!

If you weighed in, are you up or down?  Down! 

Total weight loss to date?  Total of 8lbs from this winter.

Any workouts this week?  Only two, due to lots of work stress, lack of sleep and having a sick kitty at home.  But one of them was a good run so that did help my mood.

Plan for next week?  Stick with it, lots of running and stop indulging in the treats up in dispatch [seriously, they have cookies/cake or cupcakes up there every night]

Anything else going on?  My stress levels are through the roof, so I just need to keep that managed.  Deep breaths, time for myself and running should help - if I let myself feel sorry for myself I'm going to start eating every carb within reach!

Bonus question: How far are you from your ultimate goal, whatever that goal may be?  About 10 more lbs to go, if I want to be what my license says!  But really my goals are: back in my favorite jeans, running a 13 minute 1.5 mile, and able to do 40 pushups.
    J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How did this week go?  This week has gone pretty well. Its been all about the eatting for me. I excerised pretty hard earlier this week but been under alot of stress right now so eating is the only thing I can control.

If you weighed in, are you up or down?  I am either weighin in tomorrow morning or Monday morning. Depends of if I have to work tomorrow or not do to a recent uprising in my centre :(

Total weight loss to date? still holding at 26.6 until I weigh in!

Any workouts this week? 3.

Plan for next week?  I will be in vegas so my plan for that week is to not have toooo much fun and come back even with what I left. I would love a loss but not sure that will happen :)

Anything else going on?  STRESS at work, I think I may be getting a lil sick....headach...throat is sore...all before vegas this SUCKS!!

Bonus question: How far are you from your ultimate goal, whatever that goal may be

25-30lbs ish!

• Can I change my number!!??? I just wieghed myself this morning (my regular weigh in) and it's 137.4

OHHHHH PLEASE  :)

Easter 2011

Largest selection of Halloween Costumes
  • How did this week go?  I had a pretty crappy week -- not food-wise, work-wise.  So I didn't feel like exercising, and I went out for a burger and beer last night.  Even though I stayed within my points, I think it may have messed up my weigh in!

If you weighed in, are you up or down?  Exactly the same.

Total weight loss to date? still 9.8

Any workouts this week? Nope.

Plan for next week?  Same plan, only adding 3 bike rides.

Anything else going on?  Life sux.

Bonus question: How far are you from your ultimate goal, whatever that goal may be?  I'm not sure what my ultimate goal is -- To start with, I'd like to lose about 20 additional pounds. 
  • Ok I weighed in....

Now my goal for vegas was to be 180.0 or less...

My scale at home says 179.6!! But....WW scale said 180.4.

SO DAMN IT IM CALLING IT A WIN!

Either way I am down 1lb this week and 27.6 total!

• How did this week go? ?First half not so good, second half was great

If you weighed in, are you up or down? ?Down

Total weight loss to date? 6lbs

Any workouts this week? Only one, but it was a very good one.

Plan for next week? Finally got a trainer with two workouts planned, hoping to be able to fit it a walk or run as well

Anything else going on? Just got back from SATC, so good!

Bonus question: How far are you from your ultimate goal, whatever that goal may be? 34lbs