Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

**CoriA**

Are you around today? Just making sure you didn't get washed away last night!!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: **CoriA**

• I'm here! Just logged back in. I haven't asked DH how much rain we got, but the river is WAY up. How are you guys looking with the East Nishna? It is a good thing that DH is down on training horses right now because we have about a foot of water standing in the pastures. I will take a foot over the 5 foot that we had last year!
  • ::butting in:: 

I so wonder if you two know my extended families.  I am originally from Red Oak, most of my dad's family still lives there.  My mom's side lives in Emerson and Hastings (and my aunt used to live in Elliot).  And my dh's family lives in Glenwood (but has lived in Malvern- went to Nishna Valley for school).  It would be such a small world if you did.

• image sroby:

::butting in:: 

I so wonder if you two know my extended families.  I am originally from Red Oak, most of my dad's family still lives there.  My mom's side lives in Emerson and Hastings (and my aunt used to live in Elliot).  And my dh's family lives in Glenwood (but has lived in Malvern- went to Nishna Valley for school).  It would be such a small world if you did.

WHAT! Your DH is from Malvern? What year did he graduate? I am from Farragut originally and it is the same conference as Malvern & Valley. We played them in every sport.

I only know a handfull of people from Red Oak (ok, maybe 20 or so) but I know people from Elliot.

My family is all from around Shenandoah and Essex. My parents own Alliance Oil...it used to be Whitehill Oil until about 6 years ago.

• Glad to hear you're not floating!  Everything's up around here and a lot of water is standing in the fields...I haven't really had the chance to listen to Jerry today, though, so I'm not sure what's to be expected with flooding...Jerry knows all!

I was going to let you know that I talked to Kim today...she said that they will be calling candidates early next week to bring them in for interviews...so I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Stephanie...I'm not a native Red Oak-ian, but I've met a lot of people in my past three years here...is your dad's family involved in the business community at all?  Did you graduate from Red Oak?

• We should start a SWI club.

Just sayin'. 

• CoriA- my dh extended family grew up in Malvern- his uncle used to be the sherriff back in the day.

Ants- my grandparents own a used car lot in Red Oak right by BK- it's not the nicest lot, but all types of people need cars.  I only went through kindergarden in Red Oak then we moved to the Omaha area, but I spent a lot of summers down in Red Oak.  I love the houses up on 8th street- there are some really gorgeous ones back in the neighborhood there.  I try to get down once a month to see the family. 

• Oh Cracky...we could have our own little GTG's that we could actually show up to (I have been a no-show on the past 2). Also, do you know what is up with the guy selling BBQ out of a trailer at the old truck stop on 34 just east of Glenwood? I noticed it again this morning...looks a little sketchy to me.
  • CoriA- did you ever go to the fourth of July thing they have in Malvern?  When I was younger we went every year.  Do they still have the celebrations?
  • We did 4th of July and Shenandoah and New Market (tiny town, but huge celebration). I saw signs up last year that they were taking donations.

What year did your DH graduate from Valley. My 2nd cousin went to school there and her dad was a coach for years and then the Athletic Director...her name is Karlee E.

• ants - Jerry told me to go to the basement about 12:30 this morning and to stay away from windows...I stood at my picture window and waited for the lightening so I could see what was happening. :)

Also, my DH has this obsession with freaking swap-time. It drives me crazy. He has never bought anything off there, but he always thinks that if he doesn't listen someone will advertise something that he really needs! dork

• CoriA, sorry, my dh extended family!  Dh went to OPS.  We both had cousins that went to Nishna- they are older than me so I am not sure what years they graduated- Jesse, Kristy and Matt were my cousins and Cathy, Doug and Steve were dh's cousins.

You said you know people from Elliot- do you know about the Caleb benefit walk they do in August?  That was my cousin if you do.

• Stephanie...now that you mention the used car lot, your last name is clicking with me!  It's cool that you come to Red Oak that often...you should come to town for Junction Days this year...June 27-29. It's gearing up to be a big celebration for us!

Your DH sounds just like my DH, Jamie...I'm just lucky Kyle hasn't bought anything yet off of swap time yet...or at least not that I know of...

I would totally do a SWIA GTG...just name the place and time...we can bring the babies, right?

By the way, what happened to my siggy pic?  What do I need to do to change it?

• CoriA - Are you talking about the old Ponderosa parking lot?  Either way, I have no idea; I don't go east very often.  There used a be a guy who sold BBQ in Newman's parking lot (do you remember that?) - I wonder if it's him.  If so, he's got good stuff!  I want to say his name is Gerald, but not sure.

If we really did do a SWIA GTG, we should go to Latte Da in Malvern; that place is fantastic & the owners are awesome.

Oh, and the Malvern 4th of July thing doesn't exist anymore.  Well, they *might* have some motorcycles races, but it is NOT what it used to be, which is sad; I went every year, too! 

• Yep, the old Ponderosa...it is a red BBQ trailer. I have been tempted to stop, but haven't yet. Maybe I should check it out next week.

I haven't been to Latee Da, but Chad that works with DH is always talking about going there to drink wine. They are supposed to have good food too. We used to be at Fairview (golf course) on a weekly basis, but haven't been there for well over a year.

I'm all for a SWI GTG with the kiddo's.

ants...I think that your siggy pic is a shutterfly thing. I uploaded mine to tiny pic and then put it into my siggy instead of shutterfly this time.