Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

***Jolene***

I think I remember you saying you lived in Aurora, just wanted to make sure you are okay.  With all the bad weather out that way last night!

Re: ***Jolene***

• I was just logging on to post the same thing. Hope that everyone made it through safe and sound. The storms kind of fizzled out as the crossed the river this time.
  • Thanks for thinking of me guys! Me, my DH, dog, house, cars are all okay but we have been without power since 8pm last night. I'm sitting at work with my wet hair in ponytail and no make-up but I consider myself lucky. Here's a video from our local newspaper showing some of the damage.

http://www.auroranewsregister.com/Archives/Tornado1SS/tabid/2123/Default.aspx

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was coming to post the same thing! :o)  I'm so happy you're safe and sound.

We got a call from the ILs saying they were sitting in the basement in the dark around 8 last night too.  My MIL's new dishwasher got fried in a power surge, but after the farm getting hit by a tornado last year, a smoking dishwasher doesn't seem too bad. 

Hopefully the town gets cleaned up and back running soon.

Take care!

[url="http://crosscountrysquared.blogspot.com/"] My blog[/url]
  • Wow, some of the homes look pretty bad. It sounds like you were lucky to have no damage!

Niki - Have you heard from your IL's?

• Glad to hear that everyone is safe! And wow watching that video would probably make me thankful too!
  • Glad you are Safe!!!!!
    Tied the knot: 6.19.04 Mommy to 3 awesome kids: Maren 3/06, Tommy 12/07 amd Kolbe 8/09