Des Moines Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

All-His and other full term mommy-to-be

I can't believe how calm you seem to be considering you're due in 5 days! Are there signs of progress? Are you ready? Did Sunday's heat and humidity bother you? BTW, Cohen was born 2 days after his due date, so you're not the only DM nestie who didn't go early.

Isn't there someone else who's due really soon too? I want to say bethbeth - is that right? Are you here? Fill us in on how you're doing!

Happy mom to two sweet, silly boys: Cohen age 4, AJ age 2.

Re: All-His and other full term mommy-to-be

• Hi! thanks for asking about us!

I have had a few potential signs of progress. At my appointment last friday I was dialated a little (1 cm) and 90% effaced. I have had menstrual-like cramping for the past couple of days, and braxton hicks like crazy, but no significant contractions yet.  Adam is REALLY hoping for sometime this week to get him out of his Saturday call! :)

We are ready as far as having all the supplies necessary, but we definitely aren't mentally ready I don't think! haha!  Oh well, there is no turning back now, and I doubt it is something you can really fully mentally prepare for anyway.  Still no consensus on the boy name, so we might have little mercury for a while w/o a real name.

I have been doing ok as far as the heat/humidity, except for 2 nights ago when we made the mistake of not turning our air on - I didn't sleep at all that night. I feel for the mommies due in Aug/Sept that have to go through all of the hottest days of summer fully pregnant! ahh!!

I'll let you guys know when the baby finally arrives b/c I know from first hand stalking experience that they don't update the hospital nursery pictures very quickly.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • I was due yesterday but no baby. At my doctors appointment I am 2 cm dialated and about 50% effaced. Having all the signs of prelabor but no true labor. We scheduled my induction for June 6th but I want to go naturally on my own really soon. I have tried so many things to get this baby going. I am going to get a pedicure tonight to see if that can help me. Anyone have any induction remedies let me know. I am down to try anything (that's not harmful). I think Isabelle may be a little stubborn! But everything is ready and bags are packed. So everyone cross their fingers that I go on my own really soon!

All-His, good luck with the rest of pregnancy and labor. Along with any other full term nesties.

• All-His- I would say it will be within a few days for you if you have been having menstrual like cramps and braxton hicks contractions. The Sunday before I had Ella I had tons of the same. They stopped on Monday afternoon and then started again after my OB appointment. She was born Tuesday morning.

Shootman- At least you have progress with dilation. And if you have all the signs of prelabor I would also think that you will go on your own before the 6th. As far as induction remedies go, there are a ton but I firmly believe none of them work and anybody who has had luck I am sure is pure coincidence. Babies have a mind of their own and they come whenever they are ready. But thats just my opinion. Hopefully you have your baby sooner rather than later. 

Stay positive! You both must be so anxious and excited.  

• Thanks for thinking of us!  I just got back from an appointment and the dr said I'm 2-3 cm.  Didn't give me any other info, but I was 75% effaced 4 weeks ago so I must be that or more.  Like All-His I've had the period-like aches and cramps and tons of BH's the past day or 2.   Maybe our hospital stays will overlap :)  I'm so ready to be not pregnant, we have things together at home, but it is a little overwhelming to think of being responsible for another life!  I am so thankful that I will not be pregnant during the Summer--the heat and humidity is no fun.  The tail end is not fun, but at least it's almost over.  Hopefully we'll all be mommies VERY soon! :)

• Sorry to omit you in my original post, Shootman. Sounds like all three of you could go any time! It's cool that your babies will be close in age. I loved that Mrs_JR, December29, Blessed2004 and I delivered within a couple weeks of each other. It's nice to share experiences with others on the same timeline.

Anyway, good luck to all three of you. Can't wait to hear the news! And news, and news!

Happy mom to two sweet, silly boys: Cohen age 4, AJ age 2.
  • All-His, I was having the same things going on for 3 days before my water broke with Maya :)

Good luck to all of you!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers