Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Kirby??

What do you ladies think about the Kirby vacum cleaner? Have you had any bad experiences with it?

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
My Blog

Re: Kirby??

• My parents have one and I think my father's parents had one as well. It's a very solid machine that works well. It is fairly heavy, which is the only comment that I have heard my mom make. They last for 20-30 years, so they are certainly an investment.
  • My sister had one, it was very heavy, so she hated it because her house was 2 stories plus a finished basement.  Hers also seemed to have a lot of problems.  It quit on her one day just before she had a house showing, and she litterally threw it out on the front lawn, and called the Kirby guy, had a few choice words for him about the vacuum, and told him he better come pick it up.  Needless to say, she wont be buying another Kirby. 

My mom has a Miele vac that she loves.  Its compact and very light.  She's had it for over 5 years with out any problems at all.  She has pets and it does a great job with the fur.

I have one of the Eleuxtrolux Areus vacs.  It comes with a fantastic 25 or 30 year warranty.  It was great when I had a much bigger house, but with the tiny house we live in now, its a little big and cumbersome.  I have pets too, and my vac is great for that, plus it has an extra setting to vacuum curtains which I love. 

• My mom inherited one through my step dad. It was his grandmothers so its pretty old. It still works great but my mom hates it cause it has a bag and is super heavy. Other than that no complaints from her.
  • image MaineWifey:

I have one of the Eleuxtrolux Areus vacs.  It comes with a fantastic 25 or 30 year warranty.  It was great when I had a much bigger house, but with the tiny house we live in now, its a little big and cumbersome.  I have pets too, and my vac is great for that, plus it has an extra setting to vacuum curtains which I love. 

A thirty year warranty is amazing. I don't shop for appliances much, but do they sell Eleuxtrolux at regular stores like Sears?

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog
  • No, the ones at Sears and department stores aren't the same.  You might be able to find a dealer from their website:  http://www.aerusonline.com/

• My parents have one and honestly I don't think they are worth the money. The shampooer head stopped working not long after they purchased it, and I think my $50 bissel has more suck to it than the Kirby! I use my vacuum daily with two dogs and a messy husband, so I'm pretty particular. I'm absolutely in love with my Dyson though... save your self a few hundred dollars and get the Dyson!
  • I have a Kirby (DIDNt spend the 2 grand though) borther in law sells them door to door and gave one to us as a house warming present its an older model (2001 i think) and its works great! it is a heavy but the suction totaly makes up for it.  I really love it! worth the money?? I dont know about that...