May 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Random post

I'm leaving in 45 minutes to get my hair cut! I'm so excited to have fun hair again. It's kind of long (at least for me anyway) right now and so thick and poofy I can't do anything with it so I'm glad it's going to finally be manageable again.

So that's my random post for the day. Anybody got anything they want to share?

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/b67x5l.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Random post

• "I have a pony, he takes big shiits."

Sorry, that's the first thing that came to mind. 

Brownie points to anyone who knows what movie that comes from!

• image KermitClin06:

"I have a pony, he takes big shiits."

I don't know the movie but I honest to God just laughed out loud when I read that. HAHAHA!

• image KelliH714:
    image KermitClin06:

"I have a pony, he takes big shiits."

I don't know the movie but I honest to God just laughed out loud when I read that. HAHAHA!

then you would have loved how it was delivered in the movie, it was even more random there, and it was said by a young boy (mabye 5?) who had already been yelled at once before for swearing.

• I lol'd too on that one Kerm!  I've seen the movie and can hear it but can't think of the movie.

umm my random thing is I'm going off of bc...this week is my last week.  Not really to try having a baby but bc just gives me no sex drive and its really hurting both of us and I want to be fun again....so we're doing the pull and whatever method because I wouldn't say we're doing the praying we don't get pregnant just eh if it happens then it does but not trying trying.

• What's the movie called?
  • I stand corrected, the quote is actually:
    "I have a toy pony, he takes big shiits."
  • Another good quote from that movie...

Mayor Scott Pitcher: And we're getting a Zamboni, Donna.
    Donna Biebe: A Zamboni? Wow, I'm getting wet just thinkin' about it.
    Mayor Scott Pitcher: Jesus Christ!

• I've never seen it but I know I've heard of it. I might have to watch it now just for that quote. Too funny!

Cole - are you nervous at all about going off BC? My plan is to quit taking it in about 3-4 months but I've been on it for 10 years. I can't even remember what it's like not to be on it. Makes me a little nervous.

• image KermitClin06:

Another good quote from that movie...

Mayor Scott Pitcher: And we're getting a Zamboni, Donna.
    Donna Biebe: A Zamboni? Wow, I'm getting wet just thinkin' about it.
    Mayor Scott Pitcher: Jesus Christ!

Again with the laughing out loud. I'm definitely going to have to watch it!

• I realize now that my post in Nola's baby pressure post was pessimistic.  I always thought of myself as a realist and am starting to realize that I may have used that term as a cover for my optimistic friends.  Or maybe reality has become so dark that it is more negative?!?  Who knows.  All I know is I want to go home and get ready to veg out for NYE.
  • Yeah I am nervous I think more because in my head I've always had goals on the whole pregnancy thing.

My mom was 17 when she had me so a huge goal was to make it past that, then graduate high school, then make it to 18, then make it until I was married, then stable because my family is very judgemental.

I mean we're set and all but I am nervous. I guess that's part of the whole thing though.  I honestly can't believe H brought up the idea because he's so against having kids (I think its a front) right now but because the BC(I've tried multiple) gives me no sex drive at all he was willing to do it.

It will be strange because I'm always the responsible one and will just feel like I'm not even though theres nothing wrong in what we're doing.  Should be interesting.

• colenmike- Just a suggestion, have you tried a copper IUD? I have one and there are no hormones involved. Oh, and I haven't had kids yet.

It's really exciting that you are going off BC with the full understanding of the possiblity of getting PG, but jeeeust in case, thought I would throw that out there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    My little firecracker. Born on her due date,7/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker MarriedBio
  • Thats a good idea!  Thanks for sharing.  My normal appointment is in February so I think I'll wait until then and discuss it with H and if he's ok with staying off (my hopes haha) then I won't but that seems like a great alternative because I'm tired of all the crazy side effects.
  • cole- i was never on the pill but eric and i used condoms always.. I remember the first time we did it without one.. i seriously felt wrong for having sex with my HUSBAND without protection.. haha it was kind of funny, we both felt like we were 17 again, sneaking around to have sex..

my random thought is this- i was just out at charolette russe trying to get a cute top for dinner tonight.. Im not fat (i mean i could loose some weight) but i dont think im over weight.  I have a nice size chest (36 full c almost d) but I could not find a shirt that fit me right.. seriously, are they making clothes smaller now? i dont get it? maybe im just outgrowing the store but it was always my favorite.. booo.

• I know...it either is too small around the boobs and fits everywhere else or it fits around the boobs but its big everywhere else!

Thats what I've realized with places like Forever 21 I guess I'm just growing out of that stuff :(