August 2006 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Food/party question - is this lame?

I'm going to a New Year's Eve party tomorrow night.  It's heavy aps and drinks around 9:00...the hosts are making a bunch of stuff, but they are encouraging others to bring food and/or wine.  Probably about 15-20 people. 

A week or so ago, I had told the host that I'd be able to bring a couple things.  I am going to make these savory shortbread cookie things...they have pecans, parmesan, and thyme in them.  Well, long story short, I don't have anything else planned for a second item and I've been to the store like 10 times in the past week, so I don't feel like going back.

So, I need a second thing.  I know she has tons of desserts and also has a cheese tray.  I don't really know what else she's serving or what anyone else is bringing.

I've got walnuts, pecans, and almonds, so I could make spiced nuts.  But does that sound lame?  I also have dates and dried apricots.  I could make a festive tray with those and the cookies and nuts.  But, do people other than me and the elderly eat dates?  I love them, but I don't know if they are party food if they are not wrapped in bacon (which I don't have).

Thoughts?  Should I go to the store, or are nuts and dates good?

Re: Food/party question - is this lame?