May 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

buckswife

I attempted the beef sandwich recipe you shared a while back- it was really good! My only problem was that the meat really didnt shread. I cut it into small pieces, which was fine, but im not sure that I used the right cut of meat. I also may not have cooked it as slowly or for as long as needed.

So I guess my point it that I have a couple of questions. :)

What cut of meat do you use, and how long do you cook it?

Thanks for your help!

Re: buckswife

• haha that's so funny you ask this bc i just put mine for tonight into the crockpot!

i bought a bottom roast...something that looks pretty clean of fat throughout that's really thick and has a nice layer of fat on the bottom. i cook it on high until it is literally falling appart. it should shred VERY easily and then i cook it on low for longer. i put mine on today at noon and i'll check it in a few hours to see where it's at. if it's not ready to shred...i kinda pull it apart into smaller large pieces and then cook longer. it then cooks faster.

i hope that helps!

image June 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker