May 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

So I was making hot cocoa...

And I turned on the wrong burner for the stovetop.  Unfortunately my keys were on that burner.  Kinda melted the plastic casing.  Not cool, not cool.  My stupidity knows no bounds...

Re: So I was making hot cocoa...

• I never cease to amaze myself by doing stupid crap like that all of the time.
  • Oh no! Did the plastic get stuck to the burner? Hopefully they're still usable.
  • Yeah- Thankfully it did not melt to the stovetop.  It just kind of warped the plastic.  The key was not affected, but its housing was.  Woopsie!
  • One more reason why I love gas stoves and not electric.  I hate not being able to see the flame and knwo that I turned the right one on.  I did hte same thing couple a week ago while I was pressed for time to make a dish.  Something was suppose to be boiling and when I went to use it, cold as can be.  Ugh!
  • Oops, does your house smell like burnt plastic now? I hate that smell!

My mom once burned a piece of toast and the toaster started on fire. The house smelled like burnt toast and plastic for weeks! Yuck!

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/b67x5l.jpg[/IMG]
  • No I think I caught it before that.  I actually  jacked the burner to high to put the kettle on.  I bent down to throw something in the trash and felt the heat and when I looked up the front burner was red and my keys were on top.  I brushed them off and turned off the front burner.  I meant to turn on the rear.  I hate the smell of burned toast, plastic, and popcorn.  YUCK!!