Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

best cleaner for vinyl showers/tubs

We have a new vinyl tub/shower and it seems like there is always an orange film in the grout. I tried scrubbing it with Lysol bathroom cleaner and also Barkeepers and nothing seems to work. I am assuming it is buildup from the water since it is only 6 months old.

What works?

David John 4.19.01
Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
Anna Capri 5.4.11

Re: best cleaner for vinyl showers/tubs

• I use Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap mixed with Baking Soda to make a natural "Soft Soap" - it works and smells great.
  • Along the same lines...dishsoap and borax powder or baking soda mixed together to make a paste..sprinkle on tub..swish around let set. Then I dump some vinegar on it...rescrub and rinse!