March 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Care and Feeding of Husbands

Has anyone read the book "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" yet?  I heard about it on the radio and I am considering reading it (not buying it, but checking it out from the library).  A good friend of mine has been married 4 years and she told me over Christmas that they're talking divorce because they fight every day.  I asked her what they were fighting about and she said, "the cleaning of the house."  They have 2 children (3 years and 15 months).  He works outside the home and she is a stay-at-home-mom.  I am considering what I can say to her, but I don't want to offend.  What I'd like to say is, "just hire a cleaning crew to come once a week."  Also I'd like to say, "if it's really important to your husband, you have to do it."  She was a BM in my wedding and we've been best friends since 7th grade.  I don't want to take "his side" but I do think there's some middle ground.  I also considered just buying the book The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands and sending it to her, but I want to preview it first.  What do you guys think?

Re: Care and Feeding of Husbands

• Aww the book sounds good. I should read it! My husband doesn't do much around the house and we fight about that alot. He thinks just because he "Works". I work too and clean and take care of stuff! It's crazy....

but yeah I think that if you are a stay at home mom and your husband is working to support the family, you best be cleaning that house! I also think he should be helping with children at all time but the cleaning...I totally agree with him.

image image image Emily and Dan 03-15-2008 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have never read or heard of the book, so I don't know if it would be helpful. It sounds like a fun read though. As far as your friends situation, I think there is more to it than the house. I watch Dr. Phil (make fun if you want, but I like him) and he says most people fight about topics (like clean houses) but not about the issues behind that (for example, he may not feel like his needs are being met or whatever, and she may feel overwhelmed by staying at home). Maybe you should ask her what's behind the fight, and maybe she will look at her situation differently. Good luck and let us know what happens.
  • Okay so I got the book as a shower gift and my personal opinion is I dont like Dr. Laura that much. I have gotten about half way through the book and it is in my desk at work-Some of her ideas I believe are a little scewed BUT I have a good idea. What if we started a book club type thing? I can send this book to someone over the mail and then we can write our names in the cover and continue on like that until everyone who wants to read it has... any thoughts?????I can start by sending it to someone....let me know :)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • aww that is a great idea!
    image image image Emily and Dan 03-15-2008 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker