Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I have a plan!! A MIL plan

If anyones MIL is like mine and always and i mean ALWAYS finds a way to make a dig at you every time you are there to visit.....I have a plan!

I'm not talking to her about anything important ever again. Not a house, not the lack of grandchildren nothing AND i will never be alone in a room with her EVER again!

I hope this helps! :)

Re: I have a plan!! A MIL plan

• Fine and dandy...but the point is: what did your H do to tell his mother to stfu and address you civilly and with respect.
  • There is a lot to be said for not giving the old bat any ammunition. I have to second the motion to determine how much leeway her son is giving her though.
    SO SINGS MY SOUL *WHAM!* MY SAVIOR GOD TO THEE *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!*
  • see....the problem is she is always really polite about putting me down. its amaizing. so he tells me now to take it personally....which is annoying.
  • She puts you down and your husband tells you not to take it personally?

You don't have a MIL problem, you have a husband problem. 

fiizzlee = vag ** fiizzle = peen ** Babies shouldn't be born wit thangs ** **They're called first luddz fo' a reason -- mo' is supposed ta come after. Yo Ass don't git a medal fo' marryin yo' prom date. Unless yo ass is imoan. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Then yo ass git a all-expenses paid cruise ta tha Mediterranean n' yo ass git ta hook up Jared Padalecki on tha flight over while bustin yo' jammies. But still no medal.
  • MIL does the SAME thing...I just stop caring what she says....she makes a-hole comments to my DH too....he just blows her off bc saying anything back will make her say something, and then on and on and on.....it doesnt even matter what she thinks/says....it's so meaningless
  • Now what is yo9ur plan to deal with your h who allows his mother to do this and get away with it?
  • i know EXACTLY what you mean about putting it in a way that dumb as*

husband doesn't get....he simply DOESN'T or WON'T see what she's doing....my sister in law is the same way...ultra passive aggressive and a manipulative pita....

i simply don't talk to her on the phone at all and when she visits i steer clear....really not hard to do!

• image hbird315:

...ALWAYS finds a way to make a dig at you every time you are there to visit.....I have a plan!

I'm not talking to her about anything important ever again.

Well, obviously. Why have you been?

My darling daughter just turned 4 years old.
  • I really hope that this works well for you!  It took me a few times, and I implemented this as well.  While it gives them less to dig at, now they comment on everything physical (ie, what I eat, what I don't eat, how I wear my hair).  Its annoying, for sure, but they can only get to you if you let them. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image zitiqueen:

She puts you down and your husband tells you not to take it personally?

You don't have a MIL problem, you have a husband problem. 

Ditto.

Enjoy a lifetime taking a backseat to that abusive hag and enjoy a lifetime of your H being nutless.