Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Happy Last Friday of June!!! What are you reading?

13»

Re: Happy Last Friday of June!!! What are you reading?

• image Adjudi-Kate:

Listening to "Sugar Daddy" by Lisa Kleypas.  It is awesome so far.  The cover and title make it seem like some light beach read, but it is really not.  I am rooting so hard for the heroine!

Just started "Fuse (Pure#2)" by Julianna Baggott. 

I am still reading "The Marriage Plot" but I had to put it down for a bit.  It's a really good book, but challenging.  Sounds flaky, but my brain needs a break.  Plus, Fuse is due back at the library soon and I really wanted to read it.

Oh, and I'm reading Lolita on my eReader.  It is sick as f*ck, but I guess I probably knew that going in.  It was on that list of what you need to be "well read" so I decided to try it.  Despite the abhorrent, self-delusional main character (you girls who love to hate the main character might like it!) it is a great book in a literary sense.  I've used my dictionary a lot while reading this one. Did you know "nates" is another word for buttocks?

You know this is a series, right?  I surprisingly loved them all!

Books read in 2009: 112
    Books read in 2010: 153
    Books read in 2011: 160
    Books read in 2012: 134
    Books read in 2013: 110
    Books read in 2014: 151
    Books read in 2015: 153
    Books read in 2016: 31

Leah (packfan20)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Lilypie - (Bh7p)

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/1zWJm6.png
    <a href="//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" style="height: 20px; width: 40px; position: absolute; opacity: 0.85; z-index: 8675309; display: none; cursor: pointer; border: medi
  • Reading: There is No Light in Darkness - have to say that I'm not in love yet, but it's got potential!

Listening to: Harry Potter HBP

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am still working on Game of Thrones and loving it!  I put City of Lost Souls aside for a bit so I could read Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns as it's new and I won't be able to renew it at the library.  Not too impressed with it so far but I will probably finish it quickly so I can go back to the other one. 

They are #49 - 50 for the year.  

- Jocelyn my read shelf:
    Jocelyn's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image packfan20:
    image Adjudi-Kate:

Listening to "Sugar Daddy" by Lisa Kleypas.  It is awesome so far.  The cover and title make it seem like some light beach read, but it is really not.  I am rooting so hard for the heroine!

Just started "Fuse (Pure#2)" by Julianna Baggott. 

I am still reading "The Marriage Plot" but I had to put it down for a bit.  It's a really good book, but challenging.  Sounds flaky, but my brain needs a break.  Plus, Fuse is due back at the library soon and I really wanted to read it.

Oh, and I'm reading Lolita on my eReader.  It is sick as f*ck, but I guess I probably knew that going in.  It was on that list of what you need to be "well read" so I decided to try it.  Despite the abhorrent, self-delusional main character (you girls who love to hate the main character might like it!) it is a great book in a literary sense.  I've used my dictionary a lot while reading this one. Did you know "nates" is another word for buttocks?

You know this is a series, right?  I surprisingly loved them all!

What?  No!! I didn't know that.  Thanks for telling me.  I just picked that book up at the library without knowing a thing about it that wasn't on the book jacket. The narrator on the audiobook is fabulous.  Seriously, the publisher needs to come up with a cooler cover.  The book is so much better than the cover makes you think.  If I hadn't read another Kleypas book (Married by Morning) I never would have picked it up.   

• I finished Insurgent this afternoon and started The Name of the Wind. TNotW is outside of my normal comfort zones, but I'm trusting you guys!

my read shelf:
    Sarah (mrs.vedo)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just started Surrender to Sultry!  I read A Shot of Sultry yesterday, and I couldn't wait to start this one!  
  • Nothing today. Yesterday I finished Yellow Crocus. It was # 11 of goal of 25 for the year. I enjoyed it.
    ~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~
    Formerly known as Christy_Daisy's_Mom
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • j*&p*j*&p* member
    Tenth Anniversary 5000 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper

image Nova726:
    Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi.   I'm really loving it so far.

Isn't it so good? I'm so happy more people are reading it. This was one of those hidden gems that I couldn't get enough of.  

I just finished The Ocean at the End of the Lane and my reread of Daughter of Smoke and Bone yesterday. Both put me in such a bubble of book happiness. I wish all books were as good as these two. I always want to reread DoS&B over and over again. This is my third time and I fall in love with each of the characters anew every time. 

I jumped into Siege and Storm this morning. I haven't gotten too far yet, but so far so good. I kind of want to go back and reread Shadow and Bone and then go back to it though since the details are a little fuzzy in my mind. 

image image
  • Jen748Jen748 member
    Ancient Membership 5000 Comments 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    I'm reading The Dream Thieves by Maggie S.
    Sammie born 04/23/09 (Peanut allergy)
    Emmett born 01/28/2013

2015 Books Read 3 * 2014 Books Read: 151
    2013 Books Read: 90 * 2012 Books Read: 125
    2011 Books Read: 150  * 2010 Books Read: 117

Jennie Writes Words ~~~ We Still Read ~~~ Presidential Challenge
  • Nothing at the moment but my last summer class ends tomorrow evening. Cannot wait to read something light after all this heavy reading.