Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

DD

It amuses/annoys me that people ask for advice, and then can't handle it and remove their thread. Sorry if the people on this board aren't going to sugar coat your situation. If anything the value of these boards is that people are more likely to give you their honest opinion and viewpoint as opposed to people you know in real life that will tell you what you want to hear.  Can't handle the truth? Then don't ask for it [^o)]

Re: DD

• imageTarponMonoxide:
    Who was it?

The post about living with her toxic mother that she loaned 20,000 dollars to. Maybe she didn't appreciate people pointing out how she got herself in that situation and how it is crazy to give someone 20,000 but then not have enough money to live on, and how she needs to do some self discovery to keep her from situations like this in the future?

• imageRainzzzy:

imageTarponMonoxide:
    Who was it?

The post about living with her toxic mother that she loaned 20,000 dollars to. Maybe she didn't appreciate people pointing out how she got herself in that situation and how it is crazy to give someone 20,000 but then not have enough money to live on, and how she needs to do some self discovery to keep her from situations like this in the future?

Dang it. I was just checking in to see how that hot mess progressed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I wanted to know that too. It sounded like she gave them her whole inheritance. She needs to learn how to stand up to her mother, who sounds like a complete biitch. I feel bad for the stepkids also. They aren't old enough to get the heck out of Dodge like the OP.
  • imageGolden42:
    I wanted to know that too. It sounded like she gave them her whole inheritance. She needs to learn how to stand up to her mother, who sounds like a complete biitch. I feel bad for the stepkids also. They aren't old enough to get the heck out of Dodge like the OP.

It is amazing and sad how greedy people get when someone else comes into money. I received inheritance when my father passed and didn't discuss the amount or specifics with anyone but my spouse. It's no one else's business, and I didn't want to hear any sob stories about how much someone needed funds for x,y, or z. Unfortunately it's difficult for people raised by toxic family to stand up to those people as they have had decades of indoctrination and brainswashing. I do think it's possible to change, and I have been amazed at how well my husband now interacts with his user of a dad, but it took time and a lot of work and patience.

• Man - you get stuck in a 4 hour traffic jam and you miss everything. 
    [IMG]http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu52/Iluminespics/IMG_4759.jpg[/IMG]
  • imageRainzzzy:

imageGolden42:
    I wanted to know that too. It sounded like she gave them her whole inheritance. She needs to learn how to stand up to her mother, who sounds like a complete biitch. I feel bad for the stepkids also. They aren't old enough to get the heck out of Dodge like the OP.

It is amazing and sad how greedy people get when someone else comes into money. I received inheritance when my father passed and didn't discuss the amount or specifics with anyone but my spouse. It's no one else's business, and I didn't want to hear any sob stories about how much someone needed funds for x,y, or z. Unfortunately it's difficult for people raised by toxic family to stand up to those people as they have had decades of indoctrination and brainswashing. I do think it's possible to change, and I have been amazed at how well my husband now interacts with his user of a dad, but it took time and a lot of work and patience.

Take the 20 large and get your own place with it. Never move the bleep in with any relative of any kind anywhere.

It's really very simple.

Plus this chick's got a divorce coming up. You will need that money for an attorney and you need money for...that's right...your own place.

God helps those who helps themselves. She said her H has a big spending problem; no clergy person anywhere is going to solve that problem for the offender.
  • I bet she will move back in with her H and will be right back here (living with parents, broke, and unhappy) in a few months.