Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Intro

Hi all,

I found this board through checking out the Philly bump board, which is way dead most of the time, but someone mentioned that the Philly nestie board was a lot more active and there were a lot of mamas about.

A little about me: DH and I have been married for almost 4 years, and welcomed our son Robin last July (7/12.) I live in suburbs but I teach in a private school in Center City. DH is also a teacher, but a different school in the burbs. We're both super looking forward to having the summer off to spend with Robin.

If you have any questions for me, post 'em up and I'll answer! In the meantime, I've got a question for all of you:

Are you in a mom group? And if so, how did you connect with it? Any recs? I've checked Meetup.com but they all kind of scare me. 

image Yolo image

Re: Intro

• mzovocemzovoce member
    Ancient Membership 10000 Comments Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Welcome! This board is more active during the day, you'll find. I too have a July boy. 

For mommy groups, I met everyone through a breast feeding support group, or here. 

[IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk47/mzovoce/s628552874_122950_682.jpg[/IMG]
  • Hello and welcome! Your little guy is a cutie. Which suburban area do you live in? I'm not in a mom group. I'm fortunate enough to have close friends that I've known for years and years, as well as a few gals I met from here (well from the Knot technically) Stick around!

• Welcome!

I'm due in August so I'm not officially in any "mom groups" yet (though the doula service I'm using puts on a lot of events so I expect to meet some other mothers during those events). I expect to meet other moms through nursing support groups, music classes and library story hours. I don't think there is anything wrong with meeting people from the internet in real life through boards like this or sites like meetup.com. If it takes place at a public location, you'll be fine and get to know people better before including them in your personal life. You can also look to your community for kid-friendly events. Not sure where in the burbs you are located but check what is offered by your rec department, swimming lessens might be fun for the summer?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am not a mom or mom to be, so I don't have any input in that area.  However, I wanted to say "welcome." 
  • Hello and welcome!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome!

No kids here, sorry I can't help on the mom group :(   

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/29vfnet.jpg[/IMG]
  • Welcome to the board :)

I'm also in the burbs, but I'm childless for now so I'm not much help with mom groups.  Considering that all of my friends kids will likely be teenagers by the time we have kids, I'm sure I'll be in need of a mom group at some point in the future. 

Follow Me on Pinterest
    Charlene Piacentini Carey's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

• Hi and welcome!

We are expecting our first son in September, so no advice on mom's groups yet-I agree with pp that as long as you meet up with people in a public place you should be safe. I have met a few girls from my time on The Knot that have become great friends!  

<Image and video hosting by TinyPic>