Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

father's day

So let's talk Father's Day.  What are you guys doing for your baby daddies, husbands and dads?

I'm likely getting DH a couple of gift certificates, which I know are his preference.

My dad I am absolutely stumped on, as with every holiday or birthday.

Re: father's day

• I hate buying for my Dad b/c he is the hardest man to buy for.  This year, I made a basket of stuff that he needs/uses daily (shaving cream, razors, deodorent etc).  Normally, I buy a bunch of gift cards for where he gets his hair cut but aparently he doesn't need any right now.  So, I am buying restaurant cards.  They don't go with the basket as a theme, but all things he will use.  He is a practical man, and doesn't like foo foo and frills.  We did the same thing for FIL too.

We always stay home that week end to do something that Sunday with them.  We will either take them out to eat or have them over for a pool day and bbq.

• I picked him up some juniper pale ale beer from juniper. Now just need to figure out something from m. 
  • mzovocemzovoce member
    Ancient Membership 10000 Comments Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'm getting one of his programs framed. He doesn't have anything like it for his office and its his first Broadway credit.
    [IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk47/mzovoce/s628552874_122950_682.jpg[/IMG]
  • DH requested a #1 Dad coffee mug.  I think I will do a photo mug instead. He also loves Duck Dynasty, so I think I am going to order the replica Si's tea glass.  I will also take him out to dinner.

For my dad, we just give him money. He is impossible to buy for and since he loves to go deep sea fishing and the trips are expensive, he can put it towards a few trips.  We may also take him out to Snockeys.

My FIL we just get a restaurant gift card.  He is content with that.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am getting my dad a nice golf shirt from the US Open. My neighbor is volunteering and he is going to pick it up for me and I'll  pay him. mr. Eagles is getting a fresh baby in a few weeks! Seriously though, if I think of something cool to get him, I will, but we don't go out of our way for mother's and father's days. Occasionally he will surprise me with something but there is no expectation on either part 

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • I am going to do the tri-fold frame idea that was big last year...one pic of DD in each one with D A D.  I will probably take her to the park for a little photo shoot next week.

For my dad - homemade strawberry sour cream ice cream.  I make it for him every year.  easy peasy and it's his favorite 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got DH the new release from the only author he actually reads.  He won't get around to reading it until August when we go down the shore, but he'll enjoy the gift.

Not sure what to get my dad yet...have to give it some thought.

Now to figure out the plans for that day...between DH, my dad, DH's dad, and DH's mom's husband (and my MIL, who expects to be honored on Father's Day too....long story), it gets crazy.

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/358vw3t.jpg[/IMG]
    Aisling Rose 8/8/10
    Declan James 9/18/12
  • DH is also down quite a few pounds from last summer so he needs some new clothes desperately, I picked up an outfit from the Gap this weekend. My FIL is getting a gift card to Sears to buy some tool he wants and my dad??? I may go to the cigar shop and have them recommend a few he would like

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11