Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Was I the only person still watching Smash?

It got cancelled and the last episode aired on Saturday. I guess the ratings were bad and the show cost too much to produce. I didn't know it wasn't picked up for another season but the final episode wrapped up so nicely I went online to check. Sure enough, canned. Embarrassed
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Was I the only person still watching Smash?

• I was watching! That's definitely disappointing. I wasn't thrilled with it at the end of Season 1, but I thought they did a really good job this season. Womp womp.
  • I tried so hard with season 2. They lost me after Frank had that meltdown at the party. I think that was season 2 anyway...?

• I'm watching. Granted, I have about 7 episodes left on my dvr, but I'm going to finish them.  I knew it was canned though, it went to the "slot of death" to Saturday nights and Deborah Messing tweeted a few months back that she took a new gig (making people assume it was canned).  Personally, Katherine McPhee was the death of that show.  She sucks.  I think she has a great voice, but she sucks at acting.  And she is not a Broadway singer, so it made the show super unbelievable to me.  But I love Hit List Stick out tongue
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I loved it and watched the finale!  I was actually surprised how good Kat McPhee was.  I did not like her and Jimmy together at all.  Debra Messing's character annoyed the crap out of me.  I didn't like how Ivy tried to be all "good" this season

I wasn't thrilled with the ending either 

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • image thejuliejewels:
    I'm watching. Granted, I have about 7 episodes left on my dvr, but I'm going to finish them.  I knew it was canned though, it went to the "slot of death" to Saturday nights and Deborah Messing tweeted a few months back that she took a new gig (making people assume it was canned).  Personally, Katherine McPhee was the death of that show.  She sucks.  I think she has a great voice, but she sucks at acting.  And she is not a Broadway singer, so it made the show super unbelievable to me.  But I love Hit List Stick out tongue

Exec. Producer Josh Safran did and interview where he outlined exactly where the third season would have gone and it would have revolved around the development of a movie musical staring Karen. The full interview was fun to read. I think I would have liked watching the third season. 

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/26/smash-finale-exec-producer-josh-safran/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I could have watched Anjelica Houston's Eileen toss drinks in Jerry's face for an hour every week though.

• I am really sad as a theater geek I eat this show up. I loved the music, Katherine wasnt a great actress but her singing keep me in it. A lot of the supporting actors are legit Broadway stars, plus Andrew Mcmahon, who is my favorite musician ever,  wrote songs on the last season.  ah im depressed now lol
    "Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"