Delaware Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Decisions.. Decisions..

So as you all know I am moving to Cleveland in about 2 weeks. I have been trying to decide whether to save all of C's old things or to try to sell them in my yard sale that I am having Memorial Day weekend.. If you were moving into an apartment in a different state would you save all of your baby's old clothes and things? My mom said that I could store everything in her attic but I am trying to decide if it is really worth it or not. I could really use some extra money for the move but do I want to buy everything all over again when I have my next child? (Which probably won't be for a while). I would love everyone's opinions and ideas. TIA
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Decisions.. Decisions..

• s517s517 member
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer

When you say 'things..' do you mean just clothes? Or all the baby stuff?

I'd definintely keep most things- you probably won't get a full blown baby shower next time around and that's a lot of $$ to put out later. Being on #2 there are very few things I need which is very very nice.

• ditdot4ditdot4 member
    First Anniversary
    image queensteph17:

When you say 'things..' do you mean just clothes? Or all the baby stuff?

I'd definintely keep most things- you probably won't get a full blown baby shower next time around and that's a lot of $$ to put out later. Being on #2 there are very few things I need which is very very nice.

Yeah it would be everything. I'm leaning toward keeping most of it but my husband wants to sell as much as we can :/ 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think you should sell all the smaller stuff clothes, bouncy seats, bumbo...but keep the stroller system, crib etc.

• I would keep everything. What you would get for selling things now would be nowhere near what it will cost you in the future to buy everything again. Who knows, if things go well as they are now you may end up having another sooner than you think. 

BFP 09/09/2013 - DUE 05/17/2014
    BFP 01/25/2013 - MC 02/09/2013
    BFP 12/2/2012 - MC 12/19/2012 
    BFP 03/01/2011 - DD  Annabelle 10/28/2011
  • If your mom is willing to store it, I'd keep it.  Like the others said...its stuff you will use again and you'll pay more for it then you'll get for selling it. 

• mrsskizmrsskiz member
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper

Shoot, I still have all of C's stuff in my moms storage bin 11 years later. It will cost more out of pocket to replace than what you would get if you sell it. With clothes, I saved my absolute favorite outfits, name brand clothes and unisex clothes. So at least if I dont have another boy, I can pass the really nice stuff to my brothers if they have boys.

You dont get much for baby stuff at yard sales unless its furniture. You will be wishing you didnt sell that stuff when it comes time for the next baby.  Even if its 3 or 4 years down the road. I know I feel better 11 years down the road that I still have all his stuff.

Obviously we will need new car seats and crib (we borrowed one), bottle nipples, but clothes, crib linens and decor we already have.

• I'd keep it. I got rid of A's stuff knowing I wouldn't be having any more kids any time soon after him. I think I got less than a hundred dollars at a garage sale and that was including all of my big stuff as well. This time around all M's things are in the basement in bins. His big items I can use even if I have a girl next time around and a lot of the infant clothes like pajamas a girl could wear too. If I have another boy, I'm set for everything.
    A: 10.02.03    M: 01.28.11
  • ditdot4ditdot4 member
    First Anniversary
    I think I am going to get some plastic bins and save as much as I can. I guess I just feel rushed knowing that I will be moving in two weeks and have a lot to do.