Delaware Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Advice for Rehoboth Beach

Hi! I am a Pittsburgh, PA nestie and was wondering if anyone can give me advice on planning a trip to Rehoboth Beach for me, my hubby, and our 2 kids. It is our first time going there and we were looking for a condo on or really close to the beach. We are overwhelmed by looking online and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on places to stay? We prefer a condo do we can cook to cut costs with food. Also, any thoughts or advice on the beach itself would be appreciated. Is the water warm there in Aug? Thank you so much for your help! :)

Re: Advice for Rehoboth Beach

• By the time August rolls around the water has warmed up a lot from the beginning of summer. I would say around high 70's. I don't have any advice as to where to stay, someone in my family has always had a condo or house to stay at year round down there. Good luck on finding a place, I'm sure someone else has somewhere to recommend.
    A: 10.02.03    M: 01.28.11
  • MaryMMaryM member
    Ancient Membership 100 Comments 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    Thank you so much for your response.. It is much appreciated. So glad to hear that the water will warm up. :)
  • My parents went through long & foster to get a house in Dewey last summer.  You can tell them what your want (# bedrooms, distance from beach, price range, etc), and they had a ton of options.  I'm sure there's realitors for Rehoboth as well.

We got a house about a mile away from the beach, but it came with a parking pass.  It would out for us and we had 4 adults and 2 kids (6&7).  Also, Dewey had a trolley that ran by our house and to the beach.  We would ride that at night when we didn't have all the beach stuff.  Kids loved it.

Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The water will definitely be warmer by August.  I've never stayed in Rehoboth, but in Bethany Beach.  Its a smaller town and great for families.  We were able to drive to Rehiboth or ocean City, MD to go to go the boardwalk for games and rides. 

Try looking at condos on VRBO.com.    But I would book something soon or there won't be much to  chose from.  :-)  

• image mana8503:

My parents went through long & foster to get a house in Dewey last summer.  You can tell them what your want (# bedrooms, distance from beach, price range, etc), and they had a ton of options.  I'm sure there's realitors for Rehoboth as well.

I was going to suggest this too. My parents have a house that they rent out and they do it all through a realtor. They actually don't do anything but collect the check from the relator. The company does everything. Have fun at the beach!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image klm42404:

The water will definitely be warmer by August.  I've never stayed in Rehoboth, but in Bethany Beach.  Its a smaller town and great for families.  We were able to drive to Rehiboth or ocean City, MD to go to go the boardwalk for games and rides. 

Try looking at condos on VRBO.com.    But I would book something soon or there won't be much to  chose from.  :-)  

Crap, I meant Bethany, not Dewey!

Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MaryMMaryM member
    Ancient Membership 100 Comments 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate your help! ;)
  • Check out Star of the Sea...it's a very affordable condominium building right on the boardwalk.