January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

We have a price

For the house that we are interested in.

They finally decided on a price. It is 185k, which is a bit more than we wanted to spend, considering we are going to have to spend about 30k to make it what we want in the end. About 15k of that is work that has to be done, for example, replacing the furnace, repairing the small crack in the foundation, possibly replacing the roof, and fixing the powder room. 

The rest of the money is for things that we want to do, such as add a/c, update the kitchen and bathroom, refinish the hardwood floors, and replace the linolium and carpet.

Hopefully, we can get the price down a bit. We wanted to cap at 200k for everything, minus furniture and other things we might need, such as lawn equipment.  Not sure what is going to happen, but keep your fingers crossed for us

photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker 

Re: We have a price

• Fingers and toes are crossed for you! I hope you can get it for less!

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image
  • image TaraW1979:
    Fingers and toes are crossed for you! I hope you can get it for less!

Thanks! I hope so too! 

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I would definately put an offer in below what they are asking given the work the needs to be done. Or you can put an offer in and ask them to fix xyz items.

Keep us updated!!

Lilypie - (2f9f)Lilypie - (y2el)
    Daisypath - (30fE)

• image Am12712:

I would definately put an offer in below what they are asking given the work the needs to be done. Or you can put an offer in and ask them to fix xyz items.

Keep us updated!!

Thanks! We have thought about asking them to fix things, but we tend to have high standards when it comes to those things, meaning I would rather spend $100 dollars in the installation to get a more energy efficient model. There aren't too many people around the area that I am in that would do that.

We are in the process of looking for a lawyer so that we can start dealing!

BabyFruit Ticker 

• That's exciting that you finally have a price to work from.  I agree on offering low and hope that it works out for you guys. DH already had his house when we met so I've never had to go through the home buying process.  While I know it can be a lot of work, I'm looking forward to it whenever we end up moving.  It's probably a few years down the road though.  By then I'll be able to get tips from everyone else on here.  :)
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a meeting with a lawyer this afternoon to meet them and see if we like them. Hopefully we do, because he works with my mom alot for her job, and he is giving us a really good price. I will let you know tomorrow how it goes.

BabyFruit Ticker