Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WIJFLT: When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?

I got this out from the library for two reasons: it's George Carlin, it's read by George Carlin.  Then I noticed that the book has received quite a few 1* reviews on Goodreads.  It made me even more interested in listening.

Most of the 1* reviews were for the book.  I can see that being an issue.  Simply reading George Carlin's material could be a bit boring or dry.  But listening to it is another thing.

This is not a comedy album.  Most of the content has been done on various albums.  But he is reading the material, not performing it. This is one of the times you get to experience not George Carlin the comedian, but George Carlin the amazing, brilliant man with a way with words.

I gave it 5*s.  Geeked

My Polymind (books, being green, random stuff)

Re: WIJFLT: When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?

• I read this a couple years ago. I really liked it. I might have to check out the audio book, that would be fun.

Dh and I love George. I miss him, I'd love to hear his thoughts on how the world has gone recently.

image Visit The Nest! image