Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Question about birth control

I need some advice on when to take my birth control. I would call my doc, but it's Sunday and they're closed....and I am anxious for answers now, of course! ;) So, I've been on birth control for about 13 years, but I have switched to different kinds over the years. This past January I had been off of it for a couple weeks due to running out of Rx, and just being lazy. I was very careful during this time, took the plan B just in case, blood Hcg was negative, and everything was fine. I had restarted the pill I think the end of January, so this is really about the third month on it again, and I realize it takes about 3 months for your body to adjust....But my concern is I got my period in the beginning of March, on time, and then got it again about two weeks later (for 6 days), making it a week and half before my placebo pills. So now I am at the end of my placebo week, and I haven't bled at all during these pills. Is that normal? I have taken 3 pregnancy tests, all negative. Should I just start a new pack tomorrow (Sun), like I normally would? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! 
Anniversary

Re: Question about birth control

• What pills are you taking? I know some were recalled recently due to having two weeks of placebos instead of one.

Otherwise, I'd say if you have a negative hpt, go ahead and start your pack today. I'd probably call the doctor in the morning just

"You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss

TTC #1 August 2014. BFP 9/26! EDD 6/9/15
    Baby A born 6/17/2015
  • I would take Sunday's pill, but definitely call your MD first thing Monday to ask all these questions. The concern I would have would be if you were so newly pregnant that it wouldn't show up on a urine pregnancy yet.  I don't know how early the O

• imageohpagrl:

I would take Sunday's pill, but definitely call your MD first thing Monday to ask all these questions. The concern I woul

"You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss

TTC #1 August 2014. BFP 9/26! EDD 6/9/15
    Baby A born 6/17/2015
  • imageApollo11235:
    imageohpagrl:
    Anniversary
  • imageN1colina:
    imageApollo11235:</strong
  • If you did not miss a pill and took it relatively at the same time every day then the problem is the dosage of the estrogen in the Loestrin. This is evident by you having breakthrough bleeding in the first 14 days of your cycle. I suggest that you contact
  • Thanks so much! I actually do have another question/concern. I started experiencing abdominal pain, cramping, which I think is gas pain, and bloating the past two days, and I'm thinking its from the birth control also. I have IBS symptoms usually anyway,
    Anniversary