Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

SBR: GRE

Has anyone taken the GRE?  I'm getting ready to take it probably in early May, and I feel so lost, lol.  I am starting with the free study guides on the website.  Anything that helped you?

image image image image 

My Blog

Anniversary

Re: SBR: GRE

• I checked out a GRE prep book from the library.  It was a big help.  I took a practice test before I started the book to see how I did cold turkey, then I took another test (tests are in the back of the book) to see if I improved (I did). 
  • I applied to schools that didn't need either GREs or GMATs.  I didn't want to bother taking the tests.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• I wish I could skip the GRE!  That's what I get for being a computing bachelor looking to get a computing masters, lol.  I have to have an application, transcripts, GRE, and THREE letters of recommendation.

image image image image 

My Blog

Anniversary
  • It's school dependent.  If you did a little bit of research, I'll bet you could find one that didn't require it.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• image sassypants527:
    I checked out a GRE prep book from the library.  It was a big help.  I took a practice test before I star

image image image image 

My Blog

Anniversary
  • image RevJen:
    It's school dependent.  If you did a little bit of research, I'll bet you could find one that didn't require it.</div

image image image image 

My Blog

Anniversary
  • I got a study book with practice tests. I went through it section by section and then took the tests. I passed, so it must have helped!
    View Full Size ImageView Full Size ImageView Full Size Image
  • I spent some time with a study book in one of the comfy chairs at B&N.  I think I ended up buying it later so I could do the practice tests.  I was pretty nervous, but the actual test ended up being a lot easier than I expected.  I appl
  • I also checked out a GRE book from the library and did practice tests.  Being familiar with the test made me feel more confident.  My math score not mattering made me feel really confident (I was going for a degree in English).
  • I haven't taken it yet (I am trying to decide what I want to actually get my Masters in) but I did buy the book. I bought the book for SATs/ACTs and all of my FL teaching certification exams. It seemed like the best option because then you can highlight,
  • I like taking standardized tests.  I'm weird like that.  I even took the ASVAB in HS for fun since it was free and got me out of classes for it.
  • image denmanam:
    I got a study book with practice tests. I went through it section by section and then took the tests. I passed, so it mu
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• When I signed up,I took it one week later.  I don't prepare at all.  I know the test is different now, but I was so sure that I failed it.  My score are not extremely high, but my grad school looked more at the well rounded-ness of the stud

Cinnabun and Junebug say, "Go Wildcats!"

• I took it the 2010 and used some prep books from the library to study for it. Barrons and Princeton Review were good ones. I think I also did some practice questions online, but I can't remember where. I rocked the verbal