Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WIJFR: The Invention of Hugo Cabret

I grabbed this a couple of days ago when I was at the library just because the pictures are so gorgeous...

You guys, I LOVED this book! I thought it was so well done- the writing was crisp and the pictures were wonderful and the story moved along really well... I mean, I just really enjoyed it.

If you have/know any middle schoolers, this would be great for them. If you don't, pick it up any way. So, so good.

Has anyone seen the movie? Is it worth my time? I looked at some stills last night (to see who they cast for each part) and it looks like it was really pretty too.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: WIJFR: The Invention of Hugo Cabret

• I've seen the movie. Never read the book. I liked the movie. My kids thought it was ok but weren't as in to it. This is probably a stupid way to put it but you know how some movies really show the art of storytelling and some movies you can just tell

• I thought the movie was great and it made me want to read the book too.  I saw you gave it 5 stars on the spreadsheet so now I HAVE to get to it!
    Kristen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really liked the movie.  I also played around with the website, so I think a lot of the images in the film came straight from the book.  The site had a lot of interesting background info about the setting, research and making of both book and