January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Bad Day

8-11:30- a student has a melt down.  Now, he has been having these meltdowns everyday all day long.  We shorted his day and now, they last the whole time that he is in school.  Anyways...he is dangerous. He has hit, kicked, head butted me, and, tried strangled me with my phone cord.  So when we have these meltdowns, (like seriously every day), it puts us on edge. 

Then my afternoon, was filled with normal stuff.  I yelled at a teacher for how people in this school break confidentiality.  It drives me INSANE!! Its no wonder we don't go sit in the teacher's lounge, cause all you do is gossip.  Also, no one is welcoming.

Then at the end of the day, a good teacher friend come over to talk to me.  I like her and I feel bad because other staff truly do bully her.   She came in to tell me that another teacher was talking to her about how my friend and partner (SEID teacher) was ineffective and a bad teacher. She was saying that her kids wouldn't be in her program if L treated them with respect.  Also, that she is highly inexperienced. But how do I make this better??  L can't confront J because then she'll know how S told her and continue to bully S.  Our principal is on mat leave and our step in is great, but again we run into J bullying S still because she told on her.

while they didn't say that about me, but I wouldn't doubt they talk about me, it really bothers me.  L and I build this program from the ground up.  So I felt it was a slap in the face. 

Sigh...vent over. 

Re: Bad Day

• Wow, that is a lot to handle in one day. I'm sorry you had to go through all that. I wish I had advice for you. I'm not sure what to say other than try your best to not get too upset. I'm sure you're a great counselor!

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image
  • I wish I had some advice to offer, but know that we're here thinking about you and hoping things get better.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks guys.  I just hate how I deal with kids bullying each other all day long and then I have to tell staff members the same thing!

• I am sorry. I also think it is riduculous that the adults are sometimes worse than the kids. I know that some people want to solve the bullying issues in schools, but it isn't going to happen until the adults start to behave like adults.

I too h

photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker 

• unfortunately, I have, and our normal principal doesn't do anything.  All she says is "remember our norms" and our step in principal doesn't feel it her place.  She did validate L's feelings today, so that helps.

• I'm sorry Jen!