Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

St. Pete Beach, FL recommendations

I think I've narrowed down my options for a girl's beach getaway to St. Pete Beach, so now all I need are some recommendations for hotels, restaurants, whether or not to rent a car and maybe a good spot for a night of dancing.

Thanks!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Suess

Re: St. Pete Beach, FL recommendations

• The popular hotel with our circle of friends is the Sirata.  It's beautiful and right on the beach.
    Sunshine-n-Wine Travel Blog

• It's not in St Pete Beach, but my favorite restaurant ever down here is Guppy's in Indian Rocks Beach (maybe 20 minute drive?). You absolutely *must* go, they have a dessert called a "flourless chocolate torte" that comes with vanilla ice cream, warm chocolate sauce and whipped cream and I swear, it's the best thing I've ever had. Also, excellent blackened chicken tacos, and if you eat and/or drink there, they'll let you leave your car in their parking lot and walk across the street to the beach so you don't have to pay at the beach parking lot. 

Another good restaurant is the Salt Rock in Indian Shores. It's a little more pricey, but definitely delicious.  

• I got married at the Hilton on Clearwater Beach, just up the road. GREAT AREA and hotel, have been going there my whole life.
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • I grew up there so I don't really know the hotels well but there are definitely some great restaurants. You should definitely rent a car- it's really hard to get around without one unless you are only going to a couple really local places in St. Pete. For restaurants, like PP mentioned Salt Rock is good but a little pricey. Frog Pond in Redington Beach has amazing breakfast. Keegan's on Indian Rocks Beach is really good if you want seafood (get the fish spread and artichoke dip!). If you have a car and want to drive over the Skyway Bridge there is a big premium outlet mall in Bradenton on the other side. A lot of cute little shops down in St. Pete too but be careful walking around at night because it can get a little sketchy. Hope that helps!