Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

am i crazy?

so things in my life have been on a hectic roller coaster for the past 6 months. the only thing going for me in my life is my s.o but im getting kind of irritated but maybe its just me being crazy. hes been out of work for almost a month now and i can understand wanting a week maybe 2 weeks to kind of do whatever after losing a job ( not his choice really) but what ive encountered the last 2 weeks just isnt fun. I work 6 days a week so when i come home id like to spend time with him except hes more interested in playing a video game till the crack of dawn and still be sleeping when i get home at 5:30.

Not having money is not my concern right now because surprisingly everything is okay on that front. i just want him to go back to work and i want things to be the way they were a month ago....is it too much to ask?

Re: am i crazy?

• Why is this the only thing going for you?
  • Having H at home all day while he was job-hunting definitely drove me crazy. I'm a student and I work weird hours, so I missed having time at home by myself. I felt like I couldn't be productive with him around, but he didn't get all the housework done th
  • The only good thing in your life is an SO who doesn't want to spend time with you, look for a job, or be a grown up? Wow. That sucks.
  • Aside from the giant red flags in this post, I suggest asking him to take on the role of helping around the house such as cooking, cleaning, laundry, helping take care of the small toddler in your profile picture which I'm assuming is your child? 

Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
  • It is absolutely not too much to ask.  He needs to focus on getting a job and start contributing to your family again.  I am going to assume that since he sleeps till 5 p.m., he is probably not helping out around the house.  If he's not goi
    Love my furbaby :)Birthday

**6.30.12** I have found the one whom my soul loves.

Anniversary
  • i work weird hours too so i understand that end of the spectrum but no hes not. as far as i know hes only looked a few times since the last job ended.
  • I'm in the middle of a custody battle over my toddler but thats an unrelated issue. im not living on savings right now because i still have a job. I want to think this is just a phase until he ever decides to get a job because before he lost his job he di
  • I'd give him a month to cut out the late night games and within that month, show an honest effort at finding a job...and if he doesn't hold up his end of the bargain, you say goodbye.
  • That's the point that i'm at really. I just didnt know if I was overreacting to this whole situation. 
  • he may also be suffering from some form of depression since losing his job, which can making it very difficult to live with him I'm sure. Talk to him about how to get him out of his funk, but if it continues send him to the dr.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

• You have a toddler  and you are already living with this guy???

How long were you separated before you started to date???

Whoa.

What you needed to do....

S L O W   D  O  W  N!!!

You ne

• I think you are crazy for ignoring simple punctuation. 
  • imageTarponMonoxide:

You have a toddler  and you are already living with this guy???

How long were you separated before you

My little girl is growing up! (born 12/09) Little brother is here! (born 5/2012) Thank you Lord for my precious family!
  • imagelinnae939:
    he may also be suffering from some form of depression since losing his job, which can making it very difficult to live