January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Tasty Thursday...

Let's talk food. Favorite things to cook, eat, bake, places to go...anything food related. I'm feeling like I could eat a horse right about now haha. 

I love anything with chicken. But it has to be boneless. I won't eat like chicken wings or anything like that. I'm pretty picky. Not so much a beef person. And I have a huge sweet tooth. There is a restaurant in my hometown that makes this chicken tender wrap with bacon and ranch....mmmmm. 

I also have a weakness for pizza and french fries.  Mostly, I just like junk food. Which is a huge problem. I've always joked that I don't like foods that are healthy for me. Well, it's generally true...haha. 

01.21.2012---> I married a redhead I'm crazy about.

04.2016: IT'S A BOY! Elias Alan is due!

WDW trips: 05/14 (1st trip! Art of Animation; Little Mermaid), 05/15 (Pop Century!). DL Trips: 12/15

Re: Tasty Thursday...

• I love food!  Eating it and cooking it.  My favorite things to make are cookies and anything new.  I love to cook in general but there are some things I can't make anymore.  I need a KitchenAid stand mixer to do them.  Growing up I used to make homemade pizza all the time but I need the mixer to make dough.  I like to cook for DH do making his favorites like Chicken Fried Steak or Chicken Pot Pie are fun.  But both are very time consuming.  I also like quick things that can be made in a crock pot.  I found an awesome recipe for BBQ pulled pork that you make in the crock pot. 

I do love chicken and eat it most when we go out or fish.  I think it's because I grew up eating so much beef and pork as we had plenty of that on the farm.  I still have plenty of that in my freezer for which I am very grateful to my parents but I can only eat so much beef.  This last summer I bought some icing bags and tips.  I'd love to learn how to decorate cupcakes and cakes.  Baking would be my most favorite kitchen activity.  I can't wait to do it with my kids. 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my mom makes the BEST homemade pizza. Ever since I was little my parents would always either take me out on my birthday or make my favorite. Most of the time I requested her pizza. She tried to teach me once and it didn't work out so well lol!

Our crock pot was literally the best wedding gift ever. I have made so many awesome things in it. That pulled pork sounds amazing!  

I also love to bake. T has a huge sweet tooth so I always have homemade cookies, brownies or cupcakes in the house. Or cheesecake. We love our cheesecake!  

WDW trips: 05/14 (1st trip! Art of Animation; Little Mermaid), 05/15 (Pop Century!). DL Trips: 12/15

• I love Italian food because my mom is 100% Italian and that's what I grew up on. Now as an adult I love to make it too. I enjoy cooking chicken parm, lasagna, and baked ziti. A non Italian dish that I like to make is turkey meatloaf. It's my DH's favorite meal.

I also have a sweet tooth. I am dreading my sugar test this Saturday. If I don't pass I'll have to say goodbye to the sweets for the next 12 weeks. It will be very sad. I love my bowl of ice cream that I've been eating every other night. I am also very happy that Rita's Water Ice opens up tomorrow!

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image
  • I am such a foodie! I would take any kind any day. Treats to me involve sushi, fresh baked breads and French food! A staple in my house is Mexican. 

• Tara: that all sounds amazing! i hope your sugar test goes alright! I am a huge softy for ice cream too! 

Aleigha: I have yet to find Mexican food that I like. I've gone to a few "real" places and haven't find anything. BUT I'm always open to try new foods. Maybe some day = )  

• I would be here typing all night.  I am a picky eater so I don't eat very many things.  I love to cook and bake anything really. 

• image lovealwaysfindsaway8202011:

Tara: that all sounds amazing! i hope your sugar test goes alright! I am a huge softy for ice cream too! 

Aleigha: I have yet to find Mexican food that I like. I've gone to a few "real" places and haven't find anything. BUT I'm always open to try new foods. Maybe some day = )  

Thanks! 

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image
  • I feel that I am a foodie too, and I love food! Unless it used to live in water. I don't eat any sort of seafood. I am not really a fan of sushi though, although I am a huge fan of just about anything else. I really love Mediterranean food.

My MIL is the one that makes the homemade pizza. I love it. We usually don't do that during the Winter though, because her recipe makes six pizzas, and she is reluctant to cut it in half. So we need his Grandparents to not be in FL. 

photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker