Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Booking Travel Excursions

We are going to Riviera Maya in May, I was wondering if any one had experience with booking excursions in advance?  In the past I have always booked my excursions at the resort, however I'm wondering if it is more reasonable and cheaper to book prior.

Thoughts?

Amy

Re: Booking Travel Excursions

• what do you mean by 'more reasonable'? If it's cheaper or not will depend on the price of another company so i dont know if anyone here can say yes or no to that. i dont book my day trips in advance for cancun or RM. i've never been shut out (12 visits over the last 10 years) so i wouldn't worry if i were you. you can email the resort and ask if they can show you what the excursions are but i dont liek to book ahead because i like to see what the weather will eb like as well.....i dont want to go snorkeling in a thunderstorm you know :)
    Friday, December 28 2012. The day I had emergency appendix surgery in Mexico and quit smoking. Proof that everything has a good side!! DH and I are happily child-free!! No due date or toddler tickers here!! my read shelf:
    Alison's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
  • Thanks Ladies!
  • When we went to RM last spring, I booked our excursion in advance since I had a specific company I wanted to use and wanted to make sure our group of 5 was set (I'm definitely a planner). We used EdVenture and it was such a fantastic day. I would highly recommend using them. We went to Tulum, ziplined, and snorkeled at three different locations (cenotes and a lagoon).