Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email hel[email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Talk to me about Phoenix!

Hi everyone!! :0)

My Fiance and I are moving out to Phoenix area at the end of the month! I am SO excited! This will be a HUGE change for us! We've been out there once, fell in love... Now we are starting a business out there. We are in our early twenties and truly blessed! What can you tell me about Phoenix? 

Restaurants? Shopping? Hair Salons... ANYTHING?!! LOL :0) Thanks! 

Re: Talk to me about Phoenix!

• Are you actually moving to Phoenix or a suburb? The metro area is HUGE! I live out in the western suburbs, a good 60 miles from the eastern edge! Also, there are so many varieties of different things- malls, restaurants, etc. Knowing exactly where you will be will help.
    Our wedding on Wilson Island!

• Ditto PP, the valley is HUGE, so where you are moving makes a lot of difference.  I was born and raised in west/central Phoenix though, and have lived in the east valley for about 8 years now, so if have any specific questions, I'd be happy to help.
    Anniversary
  • Agree with PP - what part of the Valley will you be living in? Some people say "Phoenix" when they really will be living in a suburb.

We lived in Tempe for two and a half years so most of my recs will be Central Phoenix, Tempe, and Scottsdale related. For shopping, I liked Scottsdale Fashion Square. Biltmore was good for certain shops, as was Kierland. Central Phoenix had some good boutiques that are escaping me currently. Since we moved in 2010, I know more stuff has opened in downtown Phoenix.

Restaurants I liked: Maizie's, FEZ, Postino, Switch, Cheuvront, Kazimierz wine bar, Elements, BLT Steak, Coronado Cafe, Farm at South Mountain (such a great brunch!), Four Peaks, Rokerij, Pizzeria Bianco, House of Tricks,

Places to drink: Lost Leaf, Casey Moore's, Rula Bula, Rosie McCaffreys,Jade Bar, Coach House, Apollos (it's a gay bar, but is great for karaoke), Monkey Pants, Ticoz Resto

Salon - I used to go to Par Exsolance all the up at DC Ranch in North Scottsdale. Quite a few girls I know also went there. For waxing, I highly recommend Jeanette at Serenity Skin Spa in Scottsdale (if I remember correctly she is around 95th and Shea).

As for things to do, we got into hiking while living there. South Mountain, Camelback, and Piestewa Peak were the places we would go. The Botanical Gardens are nice to take out of town guests to, and at least while we lived there, they did a nice event at the holidays. The Heard Museum is also absolutely fantastic.

On weekends/long weekends, we seemed to go to Vegas a lot so we didn't explore a lot of the rest of Arizona which is the only thing I regret. I did go up to Flagstaff frequently for sorority events...it's a really cute town that actually has seasons. Highly recommend going up that way for skiing and just to get away from Phoenix.