Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Could use some good thoughts...

I know, I've been a needy bish lately lol.  Tommy had a temper tantrum at the supermarket this weekend and kicked my incision really hard while he was sitting in the shopping cart.  I'm in a lot of pain and they think he may have ripped my internal incisions which is no bueno because an opening in my abdomen could lead to a bowel obstruction :(

I was doing so good and feeling so much better and this is a huge setback because I'm stuck laying in bed again and I'm freaking out about not being able to walk because I feel like I'm just going to gain weight from sitting around.   Worst case scenario, I will need another surgery :(

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Could use some good thoughts...

• I'm sorry.  When will you know if there's any tear in the incisions?

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/29vfnet.jpg[/IMG]
  • ugh, so sorry, Shannon.  I hope you're feeling better soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh Shannon I am so sorry to hear this.  I hope everything goes smoothly and you recover quickly from this setback.

• They told me that there's no real way for them to know if the incision is ripped.  They examined me and almost killed me pushing on it for like ten minutes.  They don't feel an obstruction and I have to watch and make sure that I'm keeping food down and don't develop a fever.  If that happens I have to go straight to the ER.  So far so good so they think its either ripped or just super bruised and want me to rest until it heals.  
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • So sorry Shan.  Toddler kicks are no joke.  Good thoughts coming your way, hopefully it's just bruised!
  • Good thoughts coming your way for a speedy recovery from this setback.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh no Shannon!  I hope you feel better soon!

And don't worry about feeling needy, you aren't!

#1  12.11.11
    #2  10.23.13 EDD
  • Hang in there!
    You need someplace to vent, it may as well be here where people will always listen.  You are not being needy! 
  • Hopefully your body has gotten a good jump start on healing before Tommy kicked you in the stomach and it didn't do too much damage other than hurt a very tender spot. The weight loss will happen. I'm sure of it. Try not to get so discouraged early on. You've got this!
    [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt116b04.aspx[/img][/url]
  • Oh man, that flat out just sucks. I'm sorry recovery hasn't been going as planned and that you're back in bed. :( Feel better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • aww geez Shannon, I am so sorry to hear!
    David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • Sorry to hear that Shannon.  Hang in there and rest.  Hopefully there is no damage on the inside.
  • hope you feel better soon!!

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• aww boo. i'm sorry to hear. hang in there and speedy recovery.

My little nuggets

• I hope you continue to heal as planned and feel better soon. Sorry things are rough right now, but hopefully soon you'll look back on this as just a small bump in the road. Keep us updated!
    My Boys

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2d9vkzn.jpg[/IMG]
  • Shannon, I am so sorry to hear this!  I hope it heals up soon and you don't need another surgery
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Oh my gosh, I hope you're okay!