Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Pray for me (my sanity)

My 25 year old sister moved in with me until March 1st.  She returned from working abroad and got a job in the Philly area, but her new lease doesn't start until March.  She lived with me the 30 days before my wedding and I survived, so I'm hoping I can survive the next 30 days but my hormones are making me stabby.

FTR, she is DISGUSTING. There are no words to describe her filth. I told her she had to leave the door open to 'her room' and I walked by this morning and nearly had a heart attack. You can't see the floor. :-(

I am a super biatch, so she knows my rules. It's just gonna be a rough month.

ETA: Edited title since I scared ering and probably others!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Pray for me (my sanity)

• more like Pray for Her ;)

maybe it is better if she just keeps her door closed, out of sight out of mind? as long as she promises to clean it when she leaves

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • How old is she? 

Wait, doesn't matter.  Tell her it's YOUR house, YOUR rules, and she's an adult and part of being an adult is picking up your own sh*t when you're a guest in someone's home.

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/29vfnet.jpg[/IMG]
  • image MsKellDel:

more like Pray for Her ;)

maybe it is better if she just keeps her door closed, out of sight out of mind? as long as she promises to clean it when she leaves

I agree, seeing her room messy every time you walk past will drive you bananas.  Tell her the room has to look exactly as she got it when she leaves and just shut the door.  Not worth fighting with her over it everyday.  Good luck!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • February is a short month!

• image MrsBeagle:

Wait, doesn't matter.  Tell her it's YOUR house, YOUR rules, and she's an adult and part of being an adult is picking up your own sh*t when you're a guest in someone's home.

This would irk me too.  You are doing her a favor.  I will fully admit I'm a slob.  There may or may not be parts of my bedroom floor that haven't seen the light of day in awhile...but if I'm a guest in someones home I am spotless.  I keep my things neatly together, I make the bed in the morning (which I never do at home unless it's sheet changing day, and even then it's iffy), I wipe down the sink when I brush my teeth, etc. 

Maybe it would just be better to close the door...as long as her mess stays in there and she cleans when she leaves.

• Yeah, that's my conundrum right now.  I wanted her to keep it open because the cats like to hang out in there.  It's kind of their refuge from the dog.  But not if there's like sunny side up underwear and I can't even walk past without getting anxious.  Plus by shutting the door I lose all light to the 2nd floor since she's in the front room.  I guess I'm over thinking it. 

Ha - I was thinking about making her clean it tonight when she gets home.  Embarrassed  She's only been here since late Saturday afternoon and she was out all day Sunday.  I don't know how it's even possible to get like that in a matter of hours.  I'm on schedule for Clenz to come the week she leaves, so it will get a double clean ;-)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My original rules were:

No guys, no friends, pick up after yourself (I'm not your maid) no cups/dishes in your room, buy your own groceries, and keep the bathroom SPOTLESS (it's not our main bathroom, but we use it too).  And last night, I told her she had to be quiet in the morning while getting ready because on Sunday morning she had to go somewhere early and my DH said she was super loud. I wear ear plugs to bed, so I don't hear anything.

She's 25 but acts like a 14 year old with the privileges of a 25 year old.  She's really immature. My parents still treat her like a pre-teen and she relies on them mentally, emotionally, and financially.  That's a whole other story.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Eeek!  Good luck to both you and her!

#1  12.11.11
    #2  10.23.13 EDD
  • Oh hell no.

To quote one of the greatest women of all time, Liz Lemon, "shut it down".

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/29vfnet.jpg[/IMG]
  • image MrsBeagle:

Oh hell no.

Yes 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Can you tell her your pregnancy nose is insanely sensitive and she needs to be clean or you'll be sick?? 
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Or if she's not paying you rent tell her she needs to pay for a cleaning lady! 
    imageimage

• image NewQueen:
    image MrsBeagle:

Oh hell no.

Yes 

She's so wise.

• image jessica0602:
    image NewQueen:
    image MrsBeagle:

Oh hell no.

Yes 

She's so wise.

Agreed!  Ok, I'm better now.  I had lunch with a friend and when I finally voice my complaints, I realize how first world problems they seem.  But she said the same thing, your house - your rules.  And she made the point about being a guest in someone's house that you really act on your best behavior.  So she needs to step it up before this preggo kicks her @ss.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image PhillyGal34:
    Can you tell her your pregnancy nose is insanely sensitive and she needs to be clean or you'll be sick?? 

I told her this last night because she was sitting a foot from me and farted and I nearly puked.  Before we went to bed, my DH was talking to her and he said her room smelled like BO.

I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • a- you darn near gave me a heart attack with the post title.

b- bish please.  she needs to get her *** together while she is at your house.  Especially since you are pregnant and work from home.  You need to lay the smack down on her now so it doesn't snowball the entire time she is there. 

• image thejuliejewels:

image PhillyGal34:
    Can you tell her your pregnancy nose is insanely sensitive and she needs to be clean or you'll be sick?? 

I told her this last night because she was sitting a foot from me and farted and I nearly puked.  Before we went to bed, my DH was talking to her and he said her room smelled like BO.

I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP.  

I generally have no sense of smell... literally almost no sense of smell. When I was pregnant I got to experience what it is like and it was HORRIBLE! I wanted to gag over the slightest things... microwaving fish at work? seriously people???? I would have beaten someone if they made my guest room smell like BO and farted near me!  

imageimage

• image PhillyGal34:
    Or if she's not paying you rent tell her she needs to pay for a cleaning lady! 

I love this!

I would have a heart attack. Not that I am the cleanest person on the planet (I am totally lazy with cleaning) but I have to have things picked up and put away. I am not  really a deep cleaning kind of gal, but things need to be straightened. Good luck!

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • image ering1115:

a- you darn near gave me a heart attack with the post title.

b- bish please.  she needs to get her *** together while she is at your house.  Especially since you are pregnant and work from home.  You need to lay the smack down on her now so it doesn't snowball the entire time she is there. 

So I edited my title since it was a wee dramatic and I can understand why I might have given you or anyone a heart attack!

I'm bordering between wanted to tear her hair out one minute and then feeling bad the next minute because I have been really bitchy with her, but I don't know how you are 25 years old and can have that many issues.

I try to keep my complaints to a minimum with my Mom because she defends her. I'm waiting for the "wait until you have kids" but this bish isn't my kid.  She's my sister and I'm doing her AND my parents are a huge favor.  We live in a rowhome and my bedroom doesn't even have a door on it for christ's sake!

Thanks for letting me b!tch this one out, I really need it!!  I'm am just really anti-people in my house for anything longer than a day or two. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image eaglesfan700:

image PhillyGal34:
    Or if she's not paying you rent tell her she needs to pay for a cleaning lady! 

I love this!

I would have a heart attack. Not that I am the cleanest person on the planet (I am totally lazy with cleaning) but I have to have things picked up and put away. I am not  really a deep cleaning kind of gal, but things need to be straightened. Good luck!

I am the EXACT same way.  I need things picked up and put in their place. I absolutely hate clutter.  It's a huge pet peeve of mine.  We have cleaners once a month that I'm praying we can still afford with the babes so without their help, my showers and toilets wouldn't be the cleanest.

Pregnancy Ticker