Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Hitting 35 !

hubby and I marry sept 2012. We know each for quite some time. we both have children/child from previous relationship. I have a son that's 11 yrs old. I went back in forward prior to getting engaged, if having another child is really what i wanted. We discussed that I was about over 75% fine with our already combine family. But I am turning 35 in two months and having a baby is all I think about. I have baby fever bad ! I work in pediatric,, I found myself being very envious of the beautiful pregnant belly and the smell of new born. 

I had a great pregnancy with my son and enjoy all aspects of pregnancy. I allow money to play such a big role in my decision to have another child. Some could be being selfish, fear, confusion, and anything else that pop up in my mind.

Now I want to stop taking BC, been taking them for over 5 years. Want to give my body a rest. Never had bad menses or cramps. So I have no worries about stop taking BC.

My husband once marry talk about possible another baby. Now its not mention at all. I have express to him how I feel and maybe just baby fever. But the way I feel still haven't went away. My heart is very torn right now. I'm praying for god to give me some guidance and let the chips fall where they may.

Any words of courage and advice glady appreciated. 

Re: Hitting 35 !

• Well, you're confused.  Since it's not your decision to make alone, I say talk to your husband and see how he feels about it.  If he's absolutely done, there you go.  Then you work on getting to be okay with that idea.  If he's open to more, discuss it.  Really discuss it.  Talk about practical things too.  Babies at work are all squishy and adorable but you're not up with them all night long and dodging poop being flung at you or dealing with their tantrums and spit up and all that.  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Do NOT stop taking BC without talking to your husband about it. That would be a terrible betrayal of trust. It does sound like you have baby fever, but you need to have a serious and practical discussion with your husband about having another child. I always say, the partner who doesn't want a child should always win. You don't want to have a child that your husband doesn't want.

I also think you might need to prepare yourself to hear that he doesn't want one. It sounds like you discussed it previously and agreed your were happy with one.  

• talk to your DH and you both have to come to a decision together.
    Friday, December 28 2012. The day I had emergency appendix surgery in Mexico and quit smoking. Proof that everything has a good side!! DH and I are happily child-free!! No due date or toddler tickers here!! my read shelf:
    Alison's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
  • image Golden42:

Do NOT stop taking BC without talking to your husband about it. That would be a terrible betrayal of trust. It does sound like you have baby fever, but you need to have a serious and practical discussion with your husband about having another child. I always say, the partner who doesn't want a child should always win. You don't want to have a child that your husband doesn't want.

I also think you might need to prepare yourself to hear that he doesn't want one. It sounds like you discussed it previously and agreed your were happy with one.  

This exactly --- and what everybody else said.

The 2 of you are a team. This is what marriage is about: making decisions together. It's essential that the both of you want to be on the bus with you getting pregnant and adding to your family.

This is something that should have been discussed when you got serious and marriage was imminent.

If he doesn't want any more kids, that's going to have to be what you want, also. And if it's not what you want, you'll have to consider his decision a dealbreaker --- and after that, it's up to you which way to go. I'd hate to see you throw away a marriage because he doesn't want any more kids and you do.

You work in peds? Then you see everything that goes along with the territory: kids that are ill, kids that have behavioral problems, screaming kids, yelling kids, kids that are in their Terrible Twos, kids that are out of their Terrible Twos and are still hard to handle, kids that are a handful and a half when it comes time to getting them to sit still and do something. Remember everything that goes into bringing up a child.

Wait and see if this is just some kind of phase or kick you are on --- give it quite awhile --- who knows? Maybe next month or in the very near future you'll feel differently than yo do now.

In the meanwhile, kids' programs always need volunteers; get your "kid fix" that way.  GL.
  • image Kimbus22:
    Well, you're confused.  Since it's not your decision to make alone, I say talk to your husband and see how he feels about it.  If he's absolutely done, there you go.  Then you work on getting to be okay with that idea.  If he's open to more, discuss it.  Really discuss it.  Talk about practical things too.  Babies at work are all squishy and adorable but you're not up with them all night long and dodging poop being flung at you or dealing with their tantrums and spit up and all that.  Good luck!

This! 

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker