January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Whose your hardest person to shop for?

I saw this question come across my news feed via amazon and I was just curious...

For me, it was either my father or T. My dad and I are both HUGE University of Michigan football fans (if you didn't know that already.) So I always get him something U of M. Problem is, the man has collected this stuff for YEARS and literally has anything and everything you could plaster a big M on. T-shirts, coffee mugs, blankets, pillows, collectibles, footballs, helmets...you name he probably has at least one of it. So the challenge is finding something kooky he doesn't have. I did this year though! 

As for T...he just has expensive taste. We set a strict budget this year so avoid overspending. But, everything he wanted was super expensive. So I tried to stretch the budget as far as I could and get him as many gifts as possible with it. I know, he probably doesn't care if he gets one gift or a hundred as long as he gets what he wants...but it was a good challenge for me. Lots of online shopping and coupon codes!  

01.21.2012---> I married a redhead I'm crazy about.

04.2016: IT'S A BOY! Elias Alan is due!

WDW trips: 05/14 (1st trip! Art of Animation; Little Mermaid), 05/15 (Pop Century!). DL Trips: 12/15

Re: Whose your hardest person to shop for?

• My brothers are always the hardest. They actually prefer money so the past few years I have just given them $50 in a card. However, this year it will only be $20 since I'm so poor.

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image
  • Usually it is my FIL or one of my BILs. They both always seem to have everything.
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker 

• My dad and my FIL.  They both are hard to shop for because neither really have any hobbies.  We usually figure something out but it never feels creative.  I can get pretty creative for others if I have enough time.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • On Jared's side of the family, we do a Secret Santa so we buy only one person a gift, which we drew randomly from a box. I have Jared's brother's wife. No idea what to get her...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Hardest person to shop for is DH. He is so picky! I don't think I am getting him anything this year. It is just to stressful 
  • image Jean9ds:
    On Jared's side of the family, we do a Secret Santa so we buy only one person a gift, which we drew randomly from a box. I have Jared's brother's wife. No idea what to get her...

Do you at least know her somewhat well. Maybe we can help you think of something. 

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Apparently, I'm the hard person to shop for.

Although, I'm also feeling guilty at this point.  I bought Joy a waffle maker that she really wanted.  It'll be $30 after the rebate.

Joy on the other hand tried to book a 2 day cruise to nowhere on our favorite cruise line except they don't leave from any local ports.  So she gave up on that.  Then tried to get me an iPad mini.  They were sold out until after Christmas.  Then we looked up Android tablets.  Same deal.

Kinda feeling like I didn't spend enough here.

• Maybe there is another gift you could add.

BabyFruit Ticker 

• image ImperiumWife:
    Maybe there is another gift you could add.

I thought about adding the mixer she wanted, but that was a lot more than I was planning to spend.

• Yes, that would be a little too much....Not sure how to help you.

BabyFruit Ticker 

• image ImperiumWife:
    Yes, that would be a little too much....Not sure how to help you.

That's ok.  I was really commenting more than looking for ideas.  Thinking about having her just get me the memory stick I wanted for the camera and calling it a day.

• That would work, and you hardly ever have to clean off the card.

BabyFruit Ticker 

• image ImperiumWife:
    That would work, and you hardly ever have to clean off the card.

Yeah.  I actually ran out of space on a card when we were touring a dam in Thailand.  Wasn't too happy about that.  In my defence, I thought I had more pictures left on the card.

• image ImperiumWife:

image Jean9ds:
    On Jared's side of the family, we do a Secret Santa so we buy only one person a gift, which we drew randomly from a box. I have Jared's brother's wife. No idea what to get her...

Do you at least know her somewhat well. Maybe we can help you think of something. 

I would actually love some help. I know her somewhat, but not much. She had two kids then married his brother. She got her degree recently at an 18 month program for nursing assistance. Then started working at a bar, but quit because (I believe) she just didn't like it. That's probably all I know of her.

I'll link her facebook page here. Hopefully it's not private haha.  

SIL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• image Jean9ds:
    image ImperiumWife:

image Jean9ds:

I would actually love some help. I know her somewhat, but not much. She had two kids then married his brother. She got her degree recently at an 18 month program for nursing assistance. Then started working at a bar, but quit because (I believe) she just didn't like it. That's probably all I know of her.

I'll link her facebook page here. Hopefully it's not private haha.  

SIL

I will look when I get home. Facebook is blocked at school. 

BabyFruit Ticker 

• The link doesn't work. Sorry :(

BabyFruit Ticker