January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Old Wives Tale Baking Soda Test!

So I did the old wives tale baking soda and urine test. If it fizzes it's a boy, if there is no fizz it's a girl.

I got no fizz! Guess we will find out on Wednesday if it is true or not!

Now I'm off to look up other old wives tales about gender...

Lilypie - (2f9f)Lilypie - (y2el)
Daisypath - (30fE)

Re: Old Wives Tale Baking Soda Test!

• Haha can't wait to see if it's right or not! What is your gut telling you, if anything? So excited for Wednesday for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• My gut is staying out of this! LOL I really have no idea, I'm not really feeling hardcare about either way. I'd love to have a boy but I'm sure I can find a way to get excited about a girl ;oP
    Daisypath - (30fE)

• image Am12712:
    My gut is staying out of this! LOL I really have no idea, I'm not really feeling hardcare about either way. I'd love to have a boy but I'm sure I can find a way to get excited about a girl ;oP

Haha, smart girl :) I love your answer. I have no idea how you're waiting until wednesday :) 

• image Jean9ds:

image Am12712:
    My gut is staying out of this! LOL I really have no idea, I'm not really feeling hardcare about either way. I'd love to have a boy but I'm sure I can find a way to get excited about a girl ;oP

Haha, smart girl :) I love your answer. I have no idea how you're waiting until wednesday :) 

It's easy, I just dont have a choice! I hope tomorrow is a busy day at work so it can just be done and over with. My appt on Wed is at 10:50 so luckily I don't have to wait all day to find out!
    Daisypath - (30fE)

• Oh good! It'll be here before you (we) know it! Is your dh able to go with you?

• Maybe I'll try that or just wait it out until Jan. 14.

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image
  • Only 25 hours now!!!!! Woooooooo! I can't remember, did Michelle's hold true?
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I was just wondering what time tomorrow you were going to find out.  I can't wait to hear!!  I agree on the not feeling one way or the other.  I think I ended up thinking boy just because out entire family kept saying that's what it was.

I did the test and it barely fizzed.  So my answer was girl unless the tiniest amount of fizz counted towards boy.  

Amity, I read or heard about a needle test.  Something about suspending a needle from some thread and seeing which way it swings over your wrist or hand.  I never tried it.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband killed the needle test for me long long ago! LOL he said the needle will move how you want it to move because of micro movements your muscles willl make. He's always got to run my fun.

My sister has had 2 dreams that it was a girl. She has what I call "woobie dreams" because she dreams about things and more often than not she is right.

Today cannot go by fast enough!

Daisypath - (30fE)

• Awww, way to spoil the fun.  Stick out tongue  But that's exciting about your sister having dreams.  My sister was the only one who said girl but I think it was just that she wanted a niece for the cute hair bows and the pink. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Woot! 1 hour! Have a great time!!!! I Can't wait too hear!
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker