Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anyone want to help me Christmas shop?

I'm totally stumped this year and have no good ideas. :(
Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/6/2014 
Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

Re: Anyone want to help me Christmas shop?

• I'll shop for people on your list if you shop for people on mine. ;)
    Team Green to Team Pink! Baby A born
    Here comes 2u2! Team Green to Team Blue! Baby L born
  • Who are you shopping for?
    Diagnosed with Severe DOR at 31 years old (AMH .14 FSH 9.8) 
    D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013

• image liall09:
    I'll shop for people on your list if you shop for people on mine. ;)

Perfect!  

ETA: I think I'd rather shop for anyone but family! 

• image PinkinProvence:
    Who are you shopping for?

My DH. I need gift and stocking ideas.

I have to stuff my own stocking and don't know what I want.

My immediate family: gifts and stockings. I have clothes for my dad and we bought my sis snowboard boots she wanted, but I have no idea for my mom.

We drew names on my mom's side: I got my grandma, DH got my grandpa. They don't have a lot of money and want some jewelry fixed which is easy. But I still have to do stocking stuffers for everyone.

We draw names on DH's side too. He got his dad and I got his sister's boyfriend.

And I need to do stockings for my dad's side too. 

• dup

• I have done all my shopping and wrapped all the gifts! Winners/Homesense is my go-to place.
    TTC #1 since Jan 2012
    IVF March/April 2013
  • image noelcallum:
    I have done all my shopping and wrapped all the gifts! Winners/Homesense is my go-to place.

Really? I feel like I can never find anything there! 

• I just bought the ILs tickets to see the Lion King

I could hold you for a million years
    To make you feel my love.
  • image lb1117:

image noelcallum:
    I have done all my shopping and wrapped all the gifts! Winners/Homesense is my go-to place.

Yeah - I got starbucks sets for Bils and for a secret santa I'm in. Candles for other people. Chocolate for FIL. Clothes, socks, underwear for DH. Tons of stocking stuffers there. Also a lot of my gifts are wagjags/groupons - comedy show for DH, Duelling pianos for FIL, personalized books for nephews. Got cute return address labels for SIL as she just moved to a new house (vistaprint).
    TTC #1 since Jan 2012
    IVF March/April 2013
  • image BackseatDriver:
    I just bought the ILs tickets to see the Lion King

That is an *awesome* show! DH took me to see it years ago when we were dating and I loved it. 

Team Green to Team Pink! Baby A born
    Here comes 2u2! Team Green to Team Blue! Baby L born
  • image noelcallum:
    image lb1117:

image noelcallum:

Yeah - I got starbucks sets for Bils and for a secret santa I'm in. Candles for other people. Chocolate for FIL. Clothes, socks, underwear for DH. Tons of stocking stuffers there. Also a lot of my gifts are wagjags/groupons - comedy show for DH, Duelling pianos for FIL, personalized books for nephews. Got return address envelopes for SIL in as she just moved to a new house (vistaprint).

I may have to check out homesense with new eyes and see if I can find decent stocking stuffer stuff.  

• Hmmm....I am not sure if any of these work for you since you are in Canada. But maybe for sister's boyfriend - something from uncommongoods. Or I just bought my male cousin a pair of leather smartgloves from Lord & Taylor but you can find them anywhere. Does grandma have a Pandora Bracelet. If so, a charm is always a good gift. Otherwise, Brighton jewelry is always a big hit with my grandma. For dads/grandpas, I like Omaha Steaks or Lobstergrams. But again, I don't know if that is an option for you. For my mom, so far I have gotten her the Clarisonic Mia, and I am looking for a nice Michael Kors bag. Massage and Facial Gift Certificates always go over well. One year, I got her a Birchbox subscription for the year, she liked that. Stockings are kind of hard - maybe decorative wine stoppers or a reusable coffee mug? A magazine subscription is good to put in a stocking too. I'll post if I can think of anything else.
    Diagnosed with Severe DOR at 31 years old (AMH .14 FSH 9.8) 
    D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013

• image PinkinProvence:
    Hmmm....I am not sure if any of these work for you since you are in Canada. But maybe for sister's boyfriend - something from uncommongoods. Or I just bought my male cousin a pair of leather smartgloves from Lord & Taylor but you can find them anywhere. Does grandma have a Pandora Bracelet. If so, a charm is always a good gift. Otherwise, Brighton jewelry is always a big hit with my grandma. For dads/grandpas, I like Omaha Steaks or Lobstergrams. But again, I don't know if that is an option for you. For my mom, so far I have gotten her the Clarisonic Mia, and I am looking for a nice Michael Kors bag. Massage and Facial Gift Certificates always go over well. One year, I got her a Birchbox subscription for the year, she liked that. Stockings are kind of hard - maybe decorative wine stoppers or a reusable coffee mug? A magazine subscription is good to put in a stocking too. I'll post if I can think of anything else.

I really like your list. I like the idea of doing the tech gloves for the boyfriend and you have some good stocking stuffer ideas too! 

• For stockings: Tea, chocolate covered espresso beans, nail polish, slipper socks, external charger for phone, bottle opener, golf balls

• image BackseatDriver:
    For stockings: Tea, chocolate covered espresso beans, nail polish, slipper socks, external charger for phone, bottle opener, golf balls

Thanks!  

• image lb1117:

image BackseatDriver:
    For stockings: Tea, chocolate covered espresso beans, nail polish, slipper socks, external charger for phone, bottle opener, golf balls

Thanks!  

Here are some cheaper phone chargers:

http://www.everbuying.com/smlclass965.html

Also I'm asking for a wine aerator  http://www.amazon.com/Vinturi-6700-Essential-Wine-Aerator/dp/B000UPOJ5W/ref=gl_it_dp_o_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=7OQ0JFENGDEL&coliid=I2G7CT2F1JKH3M

In the past I got a few of the wine stoppers from thecorker.com

• I also bought my mom one of these Copco reusable water bottles. They unscrew in the middle so you can add ice or clean it more easily. Dishwasher safe and BPA free. I found it at Michaels.

• Hand sanitizers from Bath and body works (they have men's too). I got my DH a shamwow as apparently they are good for hockey? Not sure if your DH plays.
    TTC #1 since Jan 2012
    IVF March/April 2013
  • Last suggestion for stockings: scratch tickets.

That's all I got.

• image BackseatDriver:
    image lb1117:

image BackseatDriver:

Thanks!  

Here are some cheaper phone chargers:

http://www.everbuying.com/smlclass965.html

Also I'm asking for a wine aerator  http://www.amazon.com/Vinturi-6700-Essential-Wine-Aerator/dp/B000UPOJ5W/ref=gl_it_dp_o_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=7OQ0JFENGDEL&coliid=I2G7CT2F1JKH3M

In the past I got a few of the wine stoppers from thecorker.com

I really like those wine stoppers!  

• image noelcallum:
    Hand sanitizers from Bath and body works (they have men's too). I got my DH a shamwow as apparently they are good for hockey? Not sure if your DH plays.

I was thinking about adding this or a nice lip glass/chapstick to the homemade gingerbread scrub I am making for the ladies :) 

• I second scratchcards.
    TTC #1 since Jan 2012
    IVF March/April 2013
  • For stocking ideas for yourself: Don't you like nail polish? What about those small four piece manicure sets as well? (I think they have a nail file, clippers, cuticle pusher and I forgot the last thing.)

For your Grandmother, what if you did like a theme basket? Kind of like a Easter basket? (For our nieces I gave myself a budget, then I asked them questions, like what movie, DS game, books, colors, etc and I am making them each a special basket with everything in it. Almost like a Easter basket, but catered to each girl. I am on a strict $30 budget so i am shopping cheap. I am adding nail polish, movie, books, DS game, cup with straw, manicure set, slippers ect...) You can figure out her favorite things and put it together in a basket. I think she will appreciate the thought, then what is actually in the basket.

If you are having trouble with everyone else, maybe you can call around and get a list, or ask favorite things (colors, store, restaurant etc...)

I also third the scratch cards, my uncle used to get us kids and my parents scratch cards in our stockings each year, we always looked forward to it!

I hope i helped some!

• Why do you have to do your own stocking? That's not much of a surprise... DH does mine and I do his.
    TTC #1 since Jan 2012
    IVF March/April 2013
  • image noelcallum:
    Why do you have to do your own stocking? That's not much of a surprise... DH does mine and I do his.

He always forgets. Sad This year, he said he'll come shopping but I should pick things out while we shop. 

• Nice! You guys have a lot of great ideas. Thanks for asking this LB! Helped me out as well. : )

After awhile, you just want to be with the one who makes you laugh. - Mr. Big

• For stockings, I like to do tea/coffe/hot chocolate, candy (but the special kind - like peppermint bark), dvds, popcorn, socks, decks of cards or small games, nail polish, makeup, chapstick (esp for guys b/c they never buy this and always need it), kitchen gadgets if they cook, wine gadgets if they drink, soap, body splash, small photo frames, candles. That's all I can think of. Sometimes if I need a little extra inspiration, I'll drop by the dollar store (not sure if you have one in Canada). Happy shopping!