Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Osan AB

Hi Ladies -

I was wondering if any of you could point me to a forum/link/anything about the command sponsored program for Osan. DH just got orders and he has filled out the paperwork for our daughter and I to accompany him. So while we are waiting to hear if that has been approved I am looking for anything about housing, schools, and what to expect.

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Osan AB

• We are stationed in Korea, about about an hour away from Osan (MH is Army). I don't have much information to offer since we have only been there once, but their Exchange is the best on the Peninsula, and nicest I have ever been to. The commissary is pretty average and Amazon will become your best friend if you like specialty products.

Most people from here go to Osan for shopping and custom made clothes. It's a little cheaper than where we are and we found a good tailor to make a suit for MH for dirt cheap.

Check out Facebook for specific groups. They were great for us when we were waiting to move. Sites in Seoul is a really good one and occasionally has info about Osan. 

• ditto all that was said above.. osan is a great base! very clean, lots to do and see. we used to travel there all the time to get out of seoul. 
    Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength.
  • Also ditto the above. We live about 20 min away (MH is also Army) and we travel to Osan all the time to eat and shop. Songton (city right outside of the base) is great (by Korean standards) with lots of good places to eat. The base does have a great Exchange (they just renovated it). There is also a Chili's, indoor pool with an area for kids to play. The officer's club also has a great Sunday brunch!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers