Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Cleaning day! Who does it?

Hi,

Who dedicates one day a week to cleaning?

I know a lot of girls do certain things on certain days but I was wondering what ladys make a certain day their cleaning day.

Do you have a cleaning checklist or guideline?

Re: Cleaning day! Who does it?

• My cleaning day is usually on a Saturday or Sunday. I work M-F 8:30am-5pm, and teach a spinning class at 6:30am 3 days a week. So I'm out the door by 6 at the latest, then I sell Tastefully Simple at night usually 2-3 nights a week. So I am not home until 9:30 or later on those nights. Cleaning throughout the week just doesn't work for my schedule.

However, I don't really have a cleaning checklist or guideline. I just start upstairs, and work my way down. Dust first, clean the bathrooms, then lastly are the floors. I do the entire 2nd floor, then move my way down to the first. The last room I clean is the kitchen, but that's just because it seems to be a holding ground for everything. Although we are usually good about picking up things periodically throughout the week. I've learned that keeps the workload less on the weekends. We also try to do 1-2 loads of laundry on a weeknight to keep that under control.

TTC since 1/13  DX:PCOS 5/13 (long, anovulatory cycles)
    Clomid 50mg 9/13 = BFP! EDD 6/7/14 M/C 5w6d Found 11/4/13
    1/14 PCOS / Gluten Free Diet to hopefully regulate my system. 
    Chemical Pregnancy 03/14
    Surprise BFP 6/14, Beta #1: 126 Beta #2: 340  Stick baby, stick! EDD 2/17/15
    Riley Elaine born 2/16/15

TTC 2.0   6/15 
    Chemical Pregnancy 9/15 
    Chemical Pregnancy 6/16
    BFP 9/16  EDD 6/3/17
    Beta #1: 145 Beta #2: 376 Beta #3: 2,225 Beta #4: 4,548
    www.5yearstonever.blogspot.com 
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We do little stuff daily (i.e. wipe counters down, keep up with dishes) but Wednesday is our clean up night. We do Wednesday because Thursday is trash day. We vacuum, clean out the fridge, do some laundry and a general pick up of the house. We spend an hour on it max. It's worked well for us and I find weekly maintenance cleaning prevents things from every really getting out of control.
  • We don't have a set cleaning day but we have a cleaning day at least once ever 7-10 days where everything gets done (together) on one day.
  • I teach full time, and also teach private music lessons and perform in the evenings.  I usually do major cleaning projects (vacuum, change sheets, mop, etc.) on Saturday or Sunday mornings.  Small things, like wiping down the bathroom or a quick sweep I will do during the week.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit Fall.weddings.com Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I try to keep up with little cleaning during the week, I have a pretty packed work week m-f but I do make an effort to wipe down kitchen countertops, do the dishes, make beds and put away any clothes in the morning before work. Something about a clean kitchen when I get home from work makes me feel better lol. Saturday mornings I like to get up and do my major cleaning, such as bathrooms, vacuuming, floors, etc. I don't use a checklist but they have a pretty detailed checklist on marthastewart.com that literally made me tired just reading it!
  • I have a two week rotating schedule at work, so, on Thursday or Friday I do sheets, bathrooms, kitchen, dust, vacuum, mop. I do kitchen counter wipe down daily. On the first of the month I wash the dog, wash the comforter, matress pad, etc... The more you keep things clean, the easier it is!