Atlanta Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hi my long lost friends! I need your help :)

I am going to my first-ever bridal shower for a "commitment ceremony" for 2 (girl) friends... The sisters of one of them are hosting it but aren't very creative and are on a tight budget, so I offered to help out with the food. I want to come up with some creative themed (or at least named) recipes. Any ideas (you know, like mexican wedding cookies or...better than sex cake)? I don't even see a lot online for straight weddings but I know you ladies have had your fair share of wedding stuff. 

Thaaaaaank you! 

Re: Bridal Shower Ideas

• is it bad my first thought was "nothing with sausage"?
  • image askmetostay:
    is it bad my first thought was "nothing with sausage"?

This is nowhere near as bad as my first thought.... Embarrassed

But seriously, there has to be some cute stuff for this kind of party but I'm drawing a blank.  The Flying Biscuit has a dish called Love Cakes, which are delicious but are basically black bean patties - not very partyish or attractive.

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • My first thought was to try to find a recipe with the word "carpet"...
  • image nmlahaie:
    My first thought was to try to find a recipe with the word "carpet"...

haaa, this is now the best party EVER. 

does the shower have a "theme"? color scheme? anything we can go on?

• Nothing to go on. I got really excited yesterday thinking of all the fun things I could do but now I realize most of them are pretty offensive and I think they are trying to keep it k-lassy. For fun though, I'll share my ideas :)

rainbow cake pops
    "tie the knot" pretzels
    something about "naughty"/"knotty" and pretzels
    better than sex cake
    sausage balls
    "weiners" in a blanket
     MANicotti

and my personal favorites: "girl-on-girl" cheesecake swirl brownies and chicken FINGERS 

• If you go to an adult shop, they probably have naughty-shaped cookie cutters and you could make naughty cookies or naughty ice cubes for the drinks. I've also seen body part pasta which you could use for a pasta salad.