Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Friday Confessions!

2»

Re: Friday Confessions!

• image brie&drew:
    One of my coworkers mentioned a job opening her former boss contacted her about. Her former boss wanted to know if she knew anyone who might be qualified/interested. She passed along my contact info. It could be a great position and I'm really hoping something comes of it. I thought about it a lot yesterday and I think I'm ready to move on to a new challenge.

Best of luck! I hope it works out for you!

Sarah (sarahelisabethm)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • AND the three closest Starbucks are out of pumpkin for their Pumpkin Spice Lattes.  I almost cried.  For real.
    Books read in 2009: 112
    Books read in 2010: 153
    Books read in 2011: 160
    Books read in 2012: 134
    Books read in 2013: 110
    Books read in 2014: 151
    Books read in 2015: 153
    Books read in 2016: 31

Leah (packfan20)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Lilypie - (Bh7p)

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/1zWJm6.png
    <a href="//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" style="height: 20px; width: 40px; position: absolute; opacity: 0.85; z-index: 8675309; display: none; cursor: pointer; border: medi
  • image packfan20:

I feel like I should have this whole motherhood thing down by now.  Or that people expect that I should.  But I don't.  I still have breakdowns at least once a week.  I stress every morning about how I'm going to shower.  I make DH go grocery shopping because I don't know how to handle DD, shopping cart and groceries.  AND my SIL just asked me to babysit her one year old next week.  I feel like I SHOULD be able to handle DD and my niece but really, I think I'm going to say no because what happens if they both start screaming!!?!?

I've always had good self esteem and been a strong person but pregnancy and motherhood has really knocked me down.

::Hugs:: You are a great mom Leah. Audrey is a lucky girl to have such a loving and wonderful mom. I am not a parent, but I know its not easy. You will get more comfortable in this new role and much more confident in it as you go on. Just don't forget how awesome you are and that you can totally handle this motherhood thing.

• My co worker that I share an office with was pretty rude to one of the managers I am friendly with the other day. I stopped by his office a little later to appologize and then just complain about her additude. I was pleasantly surprised to hear I am not the only one who complains about her. I thought it was just me people had a problem with in our little group. In a weird way it made my morning. 
    Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.”
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My 2nd per class broke my favorite (and only) stapler and I almost started crying.

image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image Young_Love:

My 2nd per class broke my favorite (and only) stapler and I almost started crying.

I love you more than anything right now for pulling out the office space reference.  God I LOVE this movie.

imageimageimage NESTIE FORMERLY KNOWN AS BOONEYBEAR. Stooooopid nest.
  • image fabk:
    image packfan20:

I feel like I should have this whole motherhood thing down by now.  Or that people expect that I should.  But I don't.  I still have breakdowns at least once a week.  I stress every morning about how I'm going to shower.  I make DH go grocery shopping because I don't know how to handle DD, shopping cart and groceries.  AND my SIL just asked me to babysit her one year old next week.  I feel like I SHOULD be able to handle DD and my niece but really, I think I'm going to say no because what happens if they both start screaming!!?!?

I've always had good self esteem and been a strong person but pregnancy and motherhood has really knocked me down.

::Hugs:: You are a great mom Leah. Audrey is a lucky girl to have such a loving and wonderful mom. I am not a parent, but I know its not easy. You will get more comfortable in this new role and much more confident in it as you go on. Just don't forget how awesome you are and that you can totally handle this motherhood thing.

"Live like there's no midnight."

• image packfan20:

Stop feeling like you have to be Superwoman.  I promise you will get a groove eventually.  You are probably doing much better than you give yourself credit for, and looking at the pictures, you have an incredibly happy baby girl...so you must be doing SOMETHING right!  Hang in there.  One thing at a time, ok?

"Live like there's no midnight."

• image coughing hairballs:
    image Young_Love:

My 2nd per class broke my favorite (and only) stapler and I almost started crying.

I love you more than anything right now for pulling out the office space reference.  God I LOVE this movie.

Teaching is NOT easy and starting in a new school and grade level (right?) makes it worse!  I feel for you!  At least you can go home this afternoon and not have to see the kids or your broken stapler for a few days.  Sometimes you just need a little break from it.  Maybe take a mental health day if it's really that bad.  I hope it gets better for you! 

Kristen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image katienichols08:
    image packfan20:

Stop feeling like you have to be Superwoman.  I promise you will get a groove eventually.  You are probably doing much better than you give yourself credit for, and looking at the pictures, you have an incredibly happy baby girl...so you must be doing SOMETHING right!  Hang in there.  One thing at a time, ok?

I felt pretty capable as a new mom, but the thought of attempting grocery shopping with a baby was massively overwhelming to me. I had a good friend of mine meet me at Target one day and she walked me through everything from how to put the car seat in the cart (safely) and how to plan my trip, even the little things like getting him settled in the car before unloading the groceries from the cart. It helped me SO MUCH! Then I started really small for my first trip solo - just a few toiletry items that I wouldn't feel bad about bailing in an aisle should I get overwhelmed and needed to leave. Start with little steps. These days I laugh at how clueless I was about that kind of thing, and I relish how simple it is to do tasks with only one kid in tow. You'll get there too, I promise!!!

imageimageimage
  • I like going to estate sales, not especially because I want to buy anything, but mostly because I'm nosy and like to judge how other people live.
    imageimageimage
  • image fabk:
    image packfan20:

Well said!

my read shelf:Jess (Shepherdjel)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image Nanna:
    I like going to estate sales, not especially because I want to buy anything, but mostly because I'm nosy and like to judge how other people live.

Yes 

image image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    I'm writing, you're reading, everyone's happy | Daring Greatly Blog.
  • I am at the end of my term for two groups I am part of in my non-reading life. Next year I am going to do nothing and while a lot of people like this because they have been giving so much for four or more years (which is the term). I on the other hand hate doing nothing. I mean you could ask me to be in charge of the clock at each meeting and I would be happy. Everyone wants to "give me a rest". I just feel useless. I tried to explain it to my husband but he just doesn't get it. I feel like no one understands me sometimes.
    Anniversary
  • image Young_Love:

Was it a Swingline stapler?

75 Books in 2015?

photo OutlanderMafia.jpg  
    It's slippery as waterweed.
  • image sweetrhythms:
    I have like 5 friends on Twitter and it makes me sad.

I'll be your friend on Twitter.  You can be my 5th friend.  I'm addicted2whimsy

• image packfan20:

I never felt like the carseat was okay in the cart.  Plus, where did I put all of my stuff?  I'd put my youngest in the bjorn and my oldest in the cart.  And if one of them started yelling in the middle of the freezer section, they'd just have to yell.  I've stood in the check-out line at Safeway and Target with a screaming baby more than once.  It sucks, but it happens.

• I confess that I have been off work all week after losing the baby last week, and I am still not ready to go back to work. I don't know why, exactly. And I confess that I hate that DH just thinks I should be completely over it by now. I know he doesn't get it, but still.

I also confess, on a happier note, that I know I'm going to be offered a big promotion on Monday when I get back to work and I'm not supposed to know about it yet. Two of us are getting the promotion, and my coworker told me about it yesterday. I'm excited to find out what it's all about, and also terrified of the huge change that will happen.

My Ovulation Chart image BFP #1 8/25/12 EDD 4/28/13 Blighted Ovum, D&C 9/20/12 at 8w6d. I'll always remember the first one. My baby Grace. BFP #2 12/26/12 EDD 9/5/13 Come on, rainbow baby!
  • I really really love my job, but I hate that the pay is SO LOW, and also that I have to work weekends.  I essentially have two part time jobs at the museum that add up to full time, but I really wish they could afford to have me as a full time archivist/historian/curator 5 days of the week so I could really get some cataloging and exhibit work done and not have to do customer service on the weekends, and I hate being so effin poor right now!  I'd love to find the holy grail of a job I love, doing what I am trained to do, and also pays a decent salary.  Decent, not even big bucks.  Just enough so that I didn't have to sweat every pay check.  I either find a job I loathe that pays ok or one I love that doesn't pay beans. 
  • image ocnfish4:

I confess that I have been off work all week after losing the baby last week, and I am still not ready to go back to work. I don't know why, exactly. And I confess that I hate that DH just thinks I should be completely over it by now. I know he doesn't get it, but still.

I also confess, on a happier note, that I know I'm going to be offered a big promotion on Monday when I get back to work and I'm not supposed to know about it yet. Two of us are getting the promotion, and my coworker told me about it yesterday. I'm excited to find out what it's all about, and also terrified of the huge change that will happen.

I am sorry to hear about the MC. If you need to talk I am here.

Men can be a bit daft about this kind of thing I found,  they have good intentions, they just don't know what to do with them.

Congrats on the promotion! 

• image ocnfish4:

I confess that I have been off work all week after losing the baby last week, and I am still not ready to go back to work. I don't know why, exactly. And I confess that I hate that DH just thinks I should be completely over it by now. I know he doesn't get it, but still.

I'm so sorry you're going through this.  It sucks!!

Men definitely don't get it sometimes; my DH totally didn't get it with my first m/c (also a blighted ovum).  It will take a while, but eventually you will have more good days than bad days.  There will occasionally be sad days, though, even way in the future, and that's ok.

Ziggy's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie - (Nvhz)

4 losses: Blighted ovum 1/11, CP 12/11, CP 3/12, and our perfectly healthy baby girl Charlotte Grace, missed M/C 5/31/12 at 8w5d

Surprise unmedicated BFP 9/21/12!! Beta #1 9/22 (10 DPO): 46 Beta #2 9/24 (12 DPO): 226! Heartbeat 136 bpm at 7w! It's a BOY!  Theodore Joshua 5/23/13 7:36am 7lb 13 oz, 19.25 in
  • image packfan20:
    AND the three closest Starbucks are out of pumpkin for their Pumpkin Spice Lattes.  I almost cried.  For real.

It's worth tears!

::hugs:: You'll get the hang of it!  I bet you already have it, you just need to have a little more confidence!  

116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012