Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected].

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

FBC Poll: who is your political figure?

For the FBC 15-point task to read a fiction or non-fiction book about a political figure, what are you reading and who is it about?  I absolutely cannot pick someone, lol.

image imageimage image 

My Blog

Anniversary

Re: FBC Poll: who is your political figure?

• Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. It happens to be a book that I have for another book discussion on 10/3, so it works out perfectly.
    Married 7/04 LO#1 9/13 LO#2 12/15
  • Might pick up an Alison Weir book?  I'm thinking historical fiction might be the way to go for me because I am usually not a big fan of non-fiction political books.  That, or I might read a biography of one of the early presidents.  I know Jacki has reviewed a ton on her blog for her Presidential Challenge and I usually like books she enjoys so maybe I'll just pick from her list?
    Kristen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I highly, highly recommend John Adams by David McCullough. It's long, but so worth it.
    Sarah (sarahelisabethm)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter too. I got it as a wedding present from someone who knew me and the husband well. He has listened to it already so now I can enjoy the book.
    Anniversary
  • I have been wanting to read a bio on the Queen or Prince Philip for a while now. I think I will do one of those.

• imagefabk:

I have been wanting to read a bio on the Queen or Prince Philip for a while now. I think I will do one of those.

Oooh, that sounds good.  I just read Georgiana:  Duchess of Devonshire, so I could just jump forward a couple hundred years (lol) and play off that.

image imageimage image 

My Blog

Anniversary
  • I was thinking about using a book I'm currently reading (But I'm not 50% done with so I think I can still use it for FBC) called Domestic Affairs.  It is about the presidential campaign of Fictional Governor, Landon Taylor's presidential campaign. 

Do you all think this is okay or does it need to be a real living or dead political figure 

Follow Me on Pinterest Savanna Funkhouser's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• imageSavanna111911:

I was thinking about using a book I'm currently reading (But I'm not 50% done with so I think I can still use it for FBC) called Domestic Affairs.  It is about the presidential campaign of Fictional Governor, Landon Taylor's presidential campaign. 

Do you all think this is okay or does it need to be a real living or dead political figure 

I thought it was supposed to  be a real person. 

I'm still undecided on what to read. I read Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter last month and really liked it. 

• Well thats fine. I thought fictional was okay, but I can do a real person. I'll either do Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter or possibly a nonfiction. I have a few nonfictions that I need to read, including one about Mitt Romney so I may go that route. 

Follow Me on Pinterest Savanna Funkhouser's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Lord John Grey is a political figure, right? Stick out tongue

In all honesty, I'll probably use Madame Tussaud (I think this is political?) or 1776 by David McCullough. Possibly Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee or Cleopatra's Daughter. The jury is still out.

my read shelf:
    Sarah (mrs.vedo)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • "Read a fiction or non-fiction book about a political figure."

I didn't interpret that to mean that it had to be a real person. 

• imagesarahelisabethm:
    I highly, highly recommend John Adams by David McCullough. It's long, but so worth it.

I just picked up the audiobook from the library for this and realized it's the abridged version. D'oh!

But while I was there, I saw they had the (unabridged) audiobook for The King's Speech so I'll swap them out.

• I think I'm going for ALVH too. I've had it forever and keep putting off reading it.