Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

the sadism of facebook

I think facebook is TRYING to depress me! lol. That sounds crazy, but it keeps notifying me of people who are going to an event (a birthday party of an acquaintance) that I am NOT invited to! Gee, thanks. Can't wait to see pics of the awesome party that I wasn't invited to attend. WHYYY is it telling me about all the other people who are going? They are mutual friends, but still I wish facebook would have some tact. lol. It just makes me kind of angry at the birthday person, when in real life I wouldn't care if I was included or not. Sometimes facebook is a little sadistic, it seems.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to turn off those dumb notifications? Its really pissing me off.

[IMG]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k613/nycartist/16755_197219638704_518460_n.jpg[/IMG]

Re: the sadism of facebook

• If this was preFB days, you'd probably have found out via the grapevine.

I can take FB or leave it. I keep it for my artwork.:)
  • image TarponMonoxide:
    If this was preFB days, you'd probably have found out via the grapevine.

Same here, actually. I use it so I can keep networking etc. for my art, but I kinda hate it. Even this person whose birthday it is, is another artist I know. Of course all the "cool kids" are invited, and it reminds me that I am not that cool yet. lol. I've been thinking of deleting my fb account altogether. This is just one more nail in the coffin.

[IMG]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k613/nycartist/16755_197219638704_518460_n.jpg[/IMG]
  • FB can be a pain sometimes.  DH and I have been TTC for about 2 years now.  Every time I sign on I see new pictures of babies that friends have posted, sometimes I love it, and sometimes it makes me sad.   So, Birthdays, babies, get togethers etc will always be there.  Sometimes we just need a little break from it.  Sorry you felt sad.  Keep networking with your art!  I bet there are people who envy your creative side =)
  • I like to make it REALLLLL awkward with those who do the inviting. Lol. If I'm friends with someone on FB, it means they are still in my life (within the past year). So if I'm not invited or a group of us aren't invited, I tend to be terd. I'll ask them how the planning is going for such and such event or if they need any help with certain aspects of it or wish them luck on the event, etc. Hahaha. It's awesome to see the reactions. My best friend is hosting an event (which showed up publicly)  for her and her 5 other friends from HS for their group bdays. ((I don't care about this one but asked indirectly and realized I was being a terd about it, lol)) She felt terrible that I wasn't invited and I let her know it was public and to make it private. I don't care that I'm not invited because honestly it'd be hell with those caddy girls. But it'd be nice if people made their events private. If it's public then it's fair game for people to crash it.
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/ega6ic.jpg[/IMG]

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 no baby/just sac on u/s 02/25/13 chemical abortion 03/02/13 9wks
  • I too can relate to this. Sometimes I will see pictures or posts about things that I was not invited to and it can hurt. You probably just need a break from it and will feel better. I had also thought about deleting my account. But now I dont go on as much and I feel better. Sometimes I'll go a few days without checking it.
  • image nyc artist:

image TarponMonoxide:
    If this was preFB days, you'd probably have found out via the grapevine.

Same here, actually. I use it so I can keep networking etc. for my art, but I kinda hate it. Even this person whose birthday it is, is another artist I know. Of course all the "cool kids" are invited, and it reminds me that I am not that cool yet. lol. I've been thinking of deleting my fb account altogether. This is just one more nail in the coffin.

Delete your account. I did. If you find yourself preoccupied by others' Internet lives (bc I guarantee they aren't putting up pix of them on their fat, depressed days), you need to get off FB. If you "need" it for your work, create a new account and make it purely professional contacts .

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker