Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Cleaning lady question/problem

I just got my phone bill in the mail and apparently my cleaning lady used our landline to place a long distance call to the DMV. (I did a google search on the number haha)  It gives the time of the call and she was the only one in the house at that time, DH and I both work.  It was only a few minutes and less than a dollar but the principal of the issue kind of bothers me, not the actual charge itself. She has never done anything like that before but on the other hand never told me that she made the phone call. What should I do?

Re: Cleaning lady question/problem

• Because this is the first time she's done anything like this and it was less than $1, I'd probably just let it go. If it happens again, I would absolutely have a talk with her.
  • I might ask her about it rather then confront her about it....

"hey do you know anything about this number? It showed up on our phone bill and we can't seem to remember making this call." If she owns up, let her know that it was long distance (maybe she didnt realize you don't have a long distance plan or that the phone is off limits?), if she deny's it just let it go unless it happens again.

• I'd let it go unless it happens again. Calling the DMV seems more "acceptable" than chatting on the phone with a friend while on the job. 
  • If you're happy with how she actually does her job I would let it go unless it becomes a recurring issue. It's not like she was on your home phone making a bunch of personal phone calls while she was on the job and being paid by you. Now, if she was calling friends and racking up the minutes chatting that would be a completely different story.
  • If you have been working with her for awhile and have been happy I would just let it go. Most cleaning people charge by the session, not the hour, so it's not like she's making her time stretch to make more money. A lot of people have free long distance, so she might assume that you don't have to pay for long distance. If it keeps happening then I would just explain to her that you have to pay for long distance, but other than that I don't see the big deal.
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/des47b.jpg[/IMG]