Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Shells galore, what to do?

On our recent beach vacation trip, my MIL and I collected lots and lots of shells.  Any ideas on what to do with them? We like to do crafts but are at a loss as what to make with them.

Any suggestions would be great!

Re: Shells galore, what to do?

• Fill one of those glass base lamps part way up.
  • You could just put them in a glass jar, and display them somewhere in the house.
  • imagekgreene903:

On our recent beach vacation trip, my MIL and I collected lots and lots of shells.  Any ideas on what to do with them? We like to do crafts but are at a loss as what to make with them.

Any suggestions would be great!

Get picture frames/mirrors and attach them to those. If you use frames then you can put pictures of the vacation in them, a mirror would be a cool accent to an island/beach themed room.

If you want to get really crafty you can string them and make a lamp shade. Or string them over Christmas lights and make some tiki themed lights for a patio.

Last idea, you can get some inexpensive votive holders and use morter to attach them, and with the extra morter you can make stepping stones!

• Christmas ornaments.  If you end up with too many shell ornaments you can give them away as Christmas gifts to family and friends.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! image PitaPata Cat tickers image
  • Some shells you can turn into candles. I've also made key holders. 
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • You could get a shadowbox frame and glue them inside into a heart shape and a add a card with the date/vacation, etc.  I've seen this done on Pinterest with pebbles from a honeymoon and it looks really nice.