Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Replies

• image Ilianamolina:

Then, we inevitably talked about the future. While we both envisioned being together, his memory of an over-the-top wedding and following downfall (his marriage lasted less than a year) taught him that a wedding is a big no no. I on the other side, long for a beautiful ceremony (it does not have to be grandiose, just meaningful). I started feeling resentful because he is financially ruined because of that and because for him, a wedding "is just for show"  

Hi, sorry you are going through this. I can imagine it's emotional and stressful. It seems to me, your bf isn't so bad. You mentioned before you were pregnant knowing how he felt about marriage/wedding. He didn't feel bad about marriage just the wedding part. Considering he just went through a bad divorce AND you said he's financially ruined. I can't say I blame the guy for not wanting a wedding a year later. I agree with you, you don't want to feel like he's marrying you out of an obligation.....and considering you both just got divorced it seems like a good idea to wait anyway. He seems like he's there for you in every other aspect besides not wanting a ceremony. Hopefully, down the line if everything else is great (relationship, parenthood and finances) you can both compromise on a little ceremony with meaning, but doesn't have to be huge. Good Luck to you.