Money Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

[IMG]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll204/MrsPrincessLily/notebook.jpg[/IMG]

Replies

• First of all, congratulations on your decision. Running a business is a great way to use your spare time and who knows your business could take off beyond your belief. Take a look at some of the tiny businesses that were started at home: Coca Cola; Disney; Lillian Vernon; Ebay; Microsoft; Dell Computers; and the list goes on and on!!!

There are a number of awesome books out there and some were written specifically for Ebay, Etsy and other online sales and crafts businesses so take a stroll to your local library. The odds are you will learn something from each book so there's no need to focus on any ONE book. Learn something about business plans, something about accounting, something about business law, etc. I agree with the other poster recommending the "For Dummies" series.

I just finished reading a library book called "$100 startup" which was a very good introduction to starting a business on a shoestring. Many successful case studies are presenting and the book is quite motivating. 

Hope to see your story on the cover of "Entrepreneur" Magazine in the not too distant future... Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to meet it!