Buying A Home
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Tell me about FHA construction loans

I see that they can be as low at 3.5% down.  Do you need to be a first time home buyer.  Any other rules with an FHA?

Re: Tell me about FHA construction loans

• From what I understand you don't even need to be a first-time buyer.  We are doing a conventional but we are eligible to do a FHA because we used conventional on our first home.  I guess so long as you aren't currently in a home with a FHA loan you are fine.

If you are building I don't think there are many rules except that it must appraise for the selling price and meet the inspection guidelines.  Also, you can't exceed the maximum loan amount which I think is $271,000 or something like that.

• They take around 60 - 90 days to close.
  • That's not true. We are doing an FHA loan and we are closing in 30 days. Maybe you are thinking of a short sale.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker