Trouble in Paradise
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Any Ohio attorneys out there?

Need advice on leaving a verbally/emotionally abusive marriage and taking our children with me without asking husband's permission. HELP!

Re: Any Ohio attorneys out there?

  • Why not contact a womens shelter and see what kind of resources they can offer you?  I'm sure they have a lot of experience in dealing with this type of situation.
  • Contact Eve. They are a women's shelter for abused women. When you call them they will arrange for someone to meet up with you and take you to their secret location. Your H will not be able to find/contact you any more but you will also be required not to contact him yourself either.
    photo 769dde2a-c564-460c-ba30-82a19d2460da_zps5fb91eed.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

    Pregnancy Ticker

    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!
  • No attorney but I strongly suggest:

    WITHOUT telling him, safeguard your assets -- money, jewelry, stock, other investments --- if you have a joint bank account, take your money and open up a new account he has no knowledge of and deposit your money there.

    Do the same with current bank accounts that you now have that are solely yours.

    See an attorney to discuss assets you and he jointly have -- again, do not tell your spouse -- and also for chils support and child visitation issues.

    Document everything.

    And run a credit check on you and on him; one never knows.

    Keep cash on you along with a fully charged cell phone.

    And when all is ready and you've gotten your advice from the attorney, file for divorce and go. Leave with the kids when this guy's safely at work for the day.

    Protect your kiddoes and yourself. Stay safe; wishing you luck.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards