Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Bleeding?

Maybe tmi? But I would like some advice. Ok so I have been taking Tri-nessa since I was 17 and never have had this problem before. Im in the middle of my pills take them on time every day. So randomly at night I started bleeding like I was about to have my period. I was confused but put a liner down. The next day I was still bleeding this went on for 3 days with this very light blood. We ended up going to an amusement park with his family all day and when I got home it seemed like it went away (probably from all the walking). We ended up messing around that night and my fiance stopped and freaked out. It looked like someone got stabbed! It was every where and it was bad. I have very light periods and we do mess around when on them but it has never been this much blood. The weird thing about it is that it doesnt hurt at all Im just bleeding. I set up a doctors appointment but they cant get me in till the end of this month. Im still having the small bleeding from when it first started its been 6 days now. What the heck is wrong with me?

Re: Bleeding?

• I would call your OB/GYN back and urge them to make your appointment sooner. It's normal to have breakthrough bleeding on birth control, but not a full-blown 6 day bleed. How long until you were supposed to have your period did this happen? Is it possible that this is just an early period? Have you been stressed lately?

If you are unable to get in to see your OB/GYN, I would suggest going to an urgent care or the ER, especially if it lasts more than 8 days.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image sgautschi:

I would call your OB/GYN back and urge them to make your appointment sooner. It's normal to have breakthrough bleeding on birth control, but not a full-blown 6 day bleed. How long until you were supposed to have your period did this happen? Is it possible that this is just an early period? Have you been stressed lately?

If you are unable to get in to see your OB/GYN, I would suggest going to an urgent care or the ER, especially if it lasts more than 8 days.

I second that. Get to your doc asap. (and any gynecological bleeding that is heavy or unusual merits a doc's attention. Heavy and/or prolonged bleeding can also tax your bone marrow and drive down your hemoglobin)
  • I still have another 2 weeks till my period. Nothing has been any different around here stress wise. I have no idea why I would have this. Im going to call again tomorrow and see. Thanks for the advice
  • I would definitely get in to see someone then ASAP. And update us when you find out! Good luck! I hope it's nothing but better to be safe than sorry. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Get a new doctor if your regular doctor won;t see you for 2 weeks. A change like this deserves an evaluation. If your doctor isn't concerned make an appointment with someone else. Maybe the pack of pills you got is messed up. YOu might want to use a back up BC method until you figure this out.